husqvarna man wanting a stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cause we all know the 372's are gutless and a inferior saw. CJ
I never said that - but you can't deny the 372 is a lighter, smaller capacity less powerful saw. It's like saying comparing a 1/2ton pickup to a 3/4 tonner... I'm not knocking it but IMO the 372 is not direct competitor to a 461.

Go with a MS41R and a ES Light 28" or 32" B&C and full comp chain. I can get you the saw for $1055 OTD. The bar would be another $125-$150. Porting runs $250, and another $25 for shipping.

Brad what is the ms41r? Did u mean 441 o
Go with a MS41R and a ES Light 28" or 32" B&C and full comp chain. I can get you the saw for $1055 OTD. The bar would be another $125-$150. Porting runs $250, and another $25 for shipping.

461 has old school rubber AV bushing though. Has about the same AV of a 440 (but WAY better AV than the 460). If you are used to 372 smooth, its a rougher saw. 441 and 661 are smooth running. 461 also has no M-tronic option. Not sure where in AZ you are cutting, but lugging a saw up and down here in elevation requires a re-tune (every 3,000 ft. is ~10% gain/drop in air density). M-tronic takes care of that automatically. I ran a 460 and 044/DP in white and black oak with 28 and 32 bars no problem. Just have to feather back on the bar deep stuff.

Randy's favorite saw right now is a MM ported 441m-tronic. There was a new one sold here on AS for a grand shipped not too long ago. I wood have bought it but I had dental work to pay for. Good thread on it.

From what time I have on a 461, I really liked it. Gobs of torque, very impressive saw. Not a strike against the 441 in any way, but I have never liked the way one has felt in my hands.

461 has old school rubber AV bushing though. Has about the same AV of a 440 (but WAY better AV than the 460). If you are used to 372 smooth, its a rougher saw. 441 and 661 are smooth running. 461 also has no M-tronic option. Not sure where in AZ you are cutting, but lugging a saw up and down here in elevation requires a re-tune (every 3,000 ft. is ~10% gain/drop in air density). M-tronic takes care of that automatically. I ran a 460 and 044/DP in white and black oak with 28 and 32 bars no problem. Just have to feather back on the bar deep stuff.

Randy's favorite saw right now is a MM ported 441m-tronic. There was a new one sold here on AS for a grand shipped not too long ago. I wood have bought it but I had dental work to pay for. Good thread on it.

The only thing I have against the 441cm is its like 1.3#s heavier then my 372 and 2165/2172 and I can't forsee it running that much better then those saws. Also isn't the 461 lighter then the 441cm? Oh and as for he tune I cut between 4 and 6k feet so I tune em @5k and have never had a problem but I do always carry a tach and check em once and a while!

Also isn't the 461 lighter then the 441cm?
No... the 460, 461 and the 441 C-M all weigh exactly the same (14.6 lb). And as for the 372 being lighter, the actual weight of the 372xpw PH that I owned was 14.5 lb. According to the SawTroll, given weights for the Husky saws are typically light by about a half pound. The 441 C-M also has a rated HP of 5.6, vs 5.3 for a 372xp, so it has it beat. The 441 is also smoother than the 372, and the 461 is about the same as the 372 for vibration. The 461 has 6 HP (same as the 460).

5k elevation tuning should be fine between 4k and 6k ele. I cut from 200 up to 6k ft here, and I live at 1200. So I retune a lot.

Last edited:
Thanks WT I think I'm stuck on the 461 for now do you know if we will see a 461cm? My dealers rep told him to tell me to wait till the end of this month?

There is no 461 C-M that I am aware of in the works. None listed in the UK or EU or OZ anyway, and no word of it here or the other saw forums that I am on. Does not mean it will not happen though. They need to do something after the 661 flop.

Likely just curiosity, as there really isn't any point with it.;)

Based on his "lineup", and what he has said, the 390xp likely makes the most sense......:givebeer:

True niko but the 390 is quite a bit heavier then the 461. I also had a ported 385 that my stumpbroke 372 could keep up with

That photo is of a generic 391 saw. I do not see any 461C-Ms listed on the German Stihl site. Nor is it listed in the 2014 German Stihl catalog. Nor have I read about them on the German motorsagen site. Not saying they will never appear, but they (the 461C-M) do not seem to be available in Germany (or anywhere) yet. Methinks it is a misprint.

Added to annoy the Troll from an iPhone using Tapatalk

Back