Husqvarna Pro?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish

Tree Freak
Reaction score
I went up to Lowes today after closing the shop at noon,
and noticed a display of Trimmers that were Orange and
labeled Husqvarna Pro, the clerks were starting to break out
the trimmers that were labeled only Husqvarna, and I could
not get a look at them, but I will go up in the morning to see
them. I asked one clerk about the saws, and he said that
they will be putting out a similar display, only smaller since it is
spring. I asked him which model numbers would be listed as pro
and which ones would be considered as other{junk}, but he did
not know, but said by Mon./Tues they should all be out on the
floor. I am real curious about what line they will draw in the
sand, and am not terribly shocked that they were allowed
to sell "Pro" Husky units, as that is the direction all of them have
been heading in the last several years. I will go by Mon. morn
and see what they call "pro", and we can only assume the rest
will be classified as "homeowner" or "consumer".
I may get up there tomorrow to see, as I am real curious.

i think u will find all homeowner units.thats how it is here.
in fact most that i see in local dealers are homeowner saws. did see a 346xp at ace the other day.its interesting that lowes has the poulan pro . then they call the homeowner husq the pro saws. truth is most sold ,will probably do the job ask .
kinda amusing tho.

Not counting Lowe's, there is only one authorized Husky dealer in the Orlando area. They are about 4 miles from my house and I've stopped in there a couple times. I have yet to see a single pro Husky on the shelf. They usually have about a dozen saws on display, all homeowner models. They had to look in the book to get me a price on a 335XPT and a 346XP, since they had not stocked either in so long.
Since ordering a PP346XP from Dan, I might as well have ordered a saw from Australia. I will not be able to buy any parts locally. No wonder all the pros around here run Stihl.

But what is the criteria for their homeowner/pro models?
Why did they bring this all up at Lowes? Did they consult the
local dealers? I will go back tomorrow or Mon. and see what
they have displayed out in the saw category.

Re: I will go back tomorrow or Mon

Originally posted by WOLF_RIVER_MIKE
work release?
LMAO Mike!
rofl.gif

When I'd stuck my head in a (the nearest to me? at about 30 miles) Husky dealer a couple weeks ago to get the roller and depth guides, I found they also sell Stihl.  They've been a Husky dealer for several years, but only picked up Stihl last year. (one of the sons is the one that told me the 372 will outcut a 660)

While they were rummaging around for a depth guide (they didn't have one after all and I gave them an extra 50&cent; to mail it to me - which they did) I was talking to "mom".&nbsp; She said that they're not going to repair any of the Huskies sold at Lowes &amp;c. and there will be no ramifications from Husky for their refusal to do so.&nbsp; In a sense I applaud the decision, but wonder if there's an easy way to determine the point of original retail sale of an item, or are they just going to send anybody who didn't buy the saw <i>there</i> packing?

Glen

I won't be venturing to Lowes today, as my head is throbbing
from an intense hangover, so I have had to undergo medication
early this morning, and Lowes' people always keep a close eye
on me anyway, so jail on Sunday in Ky. is a real downer.
I will go up early in the morn, as I will be on my normal
Mon. morning cold turkey.
I looked at the official website and could not find anything.

There used to be a husky dealer right here in town.(pop.1500). He sells wheelhorse and other topline goods. the folks at husky said that if he wanted to keep selling their saws he had to carry their full line. He considers the rest of husky's products as so much junk and told them to get their saws out of his store. he now stocks Jonsered. Husky lost quite a few local dealers in this area the same way. I still can't bring myself to buy a Sthil, even though i use them at work. Pretty good saws , just don't think the are as good as the propaganda says.
Don't blame tyhe local dealers for not servicing a saw bought at lowes opr at any other mass marketer. Iguess that is where i am going with this post. Oh well , lost as usual.

My local dealer also had to drop Husky because his store wasn't large enough to carry the FULL line. Still the best Stihl dealer around and he can get parts for anything. Lowes is two miles down the road with the homeowner Husky's. I'm sure this is the reason he got pushed out.

Fish: <b>Jonsereds has a line of mowers</b>.

I Don't think some guys can even get 'em, depending on where they are. My nearest Jonsered dealer knows about 'em, but says they're mostly only in the Atlantic states.

What diff? They're just FHP's like Sears and Husky, aren't they?

The Tilton rep insists that the mowers are only if they want to sell
them, for now. They are the standard Craftsman grade junk.

As far as husky dealers having to stock the mowers and other products I think it has a lot to do with the distributor. Out here in Vegas, BT is our distributor and they are very much pro service dealer oriented.

I don't know what sort of pressure Husky puts on them but they have not yanked Husky dealers who have refused to stock anything they don't want. Although they may also be concerned about keeping the few servicing dealers they do have so that Lowes customers have somewhere to have their equipment worked on.

It wouldn't seem very smart to eliminate servicing dealers, Lowes might just have a **** fit if they couldn't send their customers somewhere.

The local Husky dealer does not carry any Husky products except saws and trimmers. He has numerous short lines for mowers, tillers, etc. I will try to remember to ask if he has had pressure put on him to carry the full line. I am wondering what the full line they want dealers to carry is. I can see mowers, saws, and trimmers but what about some of the other low volume items such as hydraulic pruners and saws. Are they forced to stock them also.

Bill

Husky pulled that gig on the local dealers here about 5-10 years ago. Used to be several Husky dealers here, including the largest equipment dealer in town (where I've done business for 20 years). They all dropped Husky within a 3-4 year period and now there is only one guy in town who carries Husky (no pro stuff, only homeowner crap).

Back