husqvarna service bulletins...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluefish

I saw that...
Reaction score
Hi, haven't been around for awhile, but I have been cutting a pile of wood with my 562xp I got in may 2012.
I have been made aware of service bulletins concerning case bolts, cylinder bolts, and a gasket with an upgraded composition. My saw was built in 2011 and the serial # indicates I have the old bolts and gasket.
My question is how do I get these upgrades and what, if anything would it cost me. My saw is running well and I would like to keep it this way. Any info on these issues and any others would be appreciated.
You may see me poking around again because I am in the market for a back up saw. Thanks in advance, Russ

Can somebody throw me a line? Was hoping to go to my dealer today to check on a 550xp and wanted some knowledge before asking about 562. Thanks, Russ

A service bulletin is not a recall, so I wouldn't expect them to change the parts unless they cause an issue. I don't really know how they would handle it if you asked though.....

Thank you Sir, I will approach them, perhaps the fact that I am about to buy a new saw will grease the wheels a bit. I will pay if need be, better than an air leak causing something serious. I know husqvarna is good about service but would hate to be on the hook for a big rebuild. Russ

Mine is an early 2011 model and have had absolutely no issues. A friend did send me the new case bolts and I installed all except the ones under the fly wheel (my wheel puller wouldn't work on this one)... Just talk to your dealer and see what he recommends.

Thanks Don! Good to see some of my old saw mentors chiming in for me. I have got a little handier in last couple years and can probably handle the bolts.
Don did you do anything about the cylinder bolts? I remember people switching them for 357xp bolts. Man it is good to be back on here, today I may be deciding between 2253 and 550xp. The red one is 60$ less, a bit heavier, and then there is the handle angle... Never had anything but orange so not sure how much difference the handle angle makes. It will be a fun decision nonetheless. Thanks again, Russ

I didn't change the cylinder bolts, have seen no reason to.

Me, I'd go for the 550, but ya can't go wrong with the red one either...

Good to have ya back, man!

....... , today I may be deciding between 2253 and 550xp. The red one is 60$ less, a bit heavier, and then there is the handle angle... Never had anything but orange so not sure how much difference the handle angle makes. It will be a fun decision nonetheless. Thanks again, Russ

It makes enough difference that I would stay with the orange one, specially when limbing.

Haven't steered me wrong yet Niko. Orange with 16" power match.
When it stops raining I will break her in on a hunk of oak out back. Russ

Just purchased a 562xp and dealer informed me of a problem with cylinder bolts stretching and backing out. New saws have upgraded bolts. I did not pay attention to specific years, you may want to contact your dealer. I always speak to their mechanic before purchasing.

Back