Husqvarna to manufacture chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry about the lack of an underside shot. I had a phone call from the clinic
regarding a treadmill test this morning and forgot to finish the photo shoot.
Here's a quick & dirty one though. It's not as close of a frame as I'm using a desk lamp and one of those aforementioned lighted magnifiers for illumination.
It's tricky (and I'm just slow) to get them set up without the camera casting it's own shadow
when you're that close.
edit: That is the same chain as in the other frames.

Attachments

• chain bottom IMG_0062 c1a p.JPG
    chain bottom IMG_0062 c1a p.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 40
Bump

Heard from a Husqvarna rep that they are making all of their own bars and chains now, although, some older branded stuff may still be in 'the distribution pipeline'.

Anyone else heard something similar?

Philbert

Bump

Heard from a Husqvarna rep that they are making all of their own. Ars and chains now, although, some older branded stuff may still be in 'the distribution pipeline'.

Anyone else heard something similar?

Philbert
I've seen both products here in Utah.

I have a few loops of the Husky chain. All they are producing right now is .325" narrow kerf chain designated as SP33G. From what I have heard it is only available in Sweden right now. Very nice cutting chain. You can bet the Oregon people are a little depressed over this. Overall, I am very impressed with the chain. The appearance, grind, everything. One noticeable difference between it and the competitor chains is the rivet spins. Looks almost like it was done with an orbital type spinner instead of conventional spinner.

Attachments

• husky.jpg
    husky.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 24
I have a few loops of the Husky chain. All they are producing right now is .325" narrow kerf chain designated as SP33G. From what I have heard it is only available in Sweden right now. Very nice cutting chain. You can bet the Oregon people are a little depressed over this. Overall, I am very impressed with the chain. The appearance, grind, everything. One noticeable difference between it and the competitor chains is the rivet spins. Looks almost like it was done with an orbital type spinner instead of conventional spinner.

Good looking chain for sure. Available in full_chisel version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back