Hutzl customer service is the pits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate to say it but American workers are the highest paid in the world as far as I'm aware. As long as foreign countries workers make less than half what our workers do there will be a problem with jobs staying here. We make more because, unlike other countries with few exceptions, our expenses including taxes are also the highest in the world.

Hate to say it but American workers are the highest paid in the world as far as I'm aware. As long as foreign countries workers make less than half what our workers do there will be a problem with jobs staying here. We make more because, unlike other countries with few exceptions, our expenses including taxes are also the highest in the world.

According to this, Switzerland is allegedly higher than the US. Interestingly enough, Hong Kong is #3.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/per...s-in-the-world/ss-BBH1WzI?li=BBoPWjQ#image=28

What bugged me on the Husqy parts I bought is I had ordered them through Amazon Prime.
There was no mention that I saw about the parts coming direct from China vs being shipped by Amazon. When I filed for a return with Amazon then washed their hands of it and put me to deal with a 3rd party which turned out to be Hutzl.

Amazon has "gotten me" a few times. For Christmas I bought my brother's kids a toy log truck and firewood yard (had a tractor with grapple, wood shed, toy dudes with saws, etc).
The log truck showed up within a week, well in time for Christmas. The wood shed showed up 2 days ago. Both Amazon Prime, both same brand of toy, both bought at the same time, both supposed to be 2 day shipping.
My brother said the wood yard was shipped from China. Took almost 3 weeks to arrive.
I'm still waiting for crank seals for that 288 which were bought at the same time as the cylinder kit, in September. It still says "preparing order" or something to that effect. I contacted them and they said "out of stock". BUT if you pull up the item, it's still for sale.

https://www.amazon.com/Crank-Seal-1...qid=1515364053&sr=8-1&keywords=288+crank+seal

Kind of relates. The company I retired from signed a contract to build engines in China. Our supervision/training team said it was like working in the Stone Age. The supposedly best trained assemblers they had couldn’t lift a crank level with the crane to install it in the frame (block). When they lowered it and it stuck they grabbed sledgehammers and proceeded to beat on the crank to get it to drop in. A crank that is 12’ long and has 14” pins and journals is not cheap. They damaged 11 cranks in 2 1/2 months. When the 1 year trial contract was up my company pulled out.

The problem illegal intellectual property thieves like Hutzl face is many of their products include free shipping. So on a part that is $10 shipped, about eight of those dollars are in shipping charges. They do NOT want anyone to spend $8 sending a $2 part back to them, it makes NO sense. That's why they offer coupons, vouchers, or partial refunds. Until folks work out how their business model works they will not understand why they want you to keep the 25" chains and give a refund. I'd break the 3 chains and make 2 x 28" ones and make a smaller loop for a 20" bar or something. You need to be able to help yourself when things go pear shaped dealing with Hutzl. Its not the first time nor last time a totally different language speaking trader from a semi-3rd world country will stuff things up. Want the best service & quality, look no further than site sponsers who will make things right and get things right 99% of the time 1st go round. Want to be clever & save heaps of $$, play the Hutzl China game and be prepared.

According to this, Switzerland is allegedly higher than the US. Interestingly enough, Hong Kong is #3.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/per...s-in-the-world/ss-BBH1WzI?li=BBoPWjQ#image=28
Maybe so but I wasn't talking about CEOs or "service professionals", I was kinda talking about people who have to work for a living. Assembly line workers in the US make more than in China or at least they did when I was working. Minimum wage on the west coast I hear is around $15 or so an hour. Be interested to know what China pays their line workers..

WOW $15. an hour on the west coast . Sure that goes real far. That should cover a mortgage, taxes, car payment, food, gas, utilities, medical insurance,,,,,,,,,, no problem. Guess I know where I’m retiring

WOW $15. an hour on the west coast . Sure that goes real far. That should cover a mortgage, taxes, car payment, food, gas, utilities, medical insurance,,,,,,,,,, no problem. Guess I know where I’m retiring
He did say “minimum wage.” Can’t quite see paying someone $20 an hour to ask me if I want fries with my order.

Agree. But he said he was talking about people who have to work for a living like assembly line workers . While I’m sure the average Chinese workers living standards aren’t what ours are. Their cost of living isn’t like it is here either

Just received a 52mm bigbore kit and it looks great! Two 20" bars and chains perfect, multiple coils all excellent.
I have had zero issues
Btw, Detroit of the 70s is not forgot

Can't imagine dealing direct with "Hustle".

Would definitely need a filter like sleazebay, for some form of recourse.

...and that was just for certain states..Our state is only 7.25 an hour minimum wage unless you work in a restaurant then it's about $2.15 + tips or something like that..

China's minimum wages are dictated at the provenience level (much like our states). Shanghai (highest in China) just raised their minimum wage to $333/month. China's lowest minimum wage is $145/month. India has an even lower wage at $137/month and Vietnam lower still at $107.

I just checked Zhejiang where Farmertec is based, their minimum wage $286/month.

I grew up in post-WWII U.S. At that time one man could support a family. Women were stay-at-home moms; probably most of the middle class lived in 2 BR 1 bath
homes, had one car, one B&W tv, one phone. The U.S. was king on the mountain; Germany and Japan were in defeat, Europe was war torn, and most everywhere else was way behind in development. Those days are gone. Just about every thing has changed, some for better, some worse. We are now in a far more developed world, with competition from all over. Wages have lagged behind in many countries that have become our competitors, and their products can thus be manufactured with less expense. Thus there has been a shift in the U.S. from a manufacturing to a service economy. Like it or not we are in a global economy with no going back.

I ordered three 28 inch bars with chains. They sent the 28 inch bars and 25 inch chains. I wrote back telling them about their mistake. After about 2 weeks of back and forth they are refusing the send the correct chains. At this point I am about the give up, but just wanted to share what pathetic customer service hutzl has. These are the types of responses I have received:

I think our departure get confused when packing goods. Hope you can understand.
We hope you can stay the three Chains, maybe you will need them in the near future,
and we can make a partial refund of USD6.00 to compensate you, and you can buy the Chains on our site again,
is it ok for you, my friend?
And we can also send some coupons to your accout, ok?

Dear Sir,
The 25inch Chains you received, maybe you will need it,
so we hope they can use instead of the 28inch Chains.
The price of 25inch Chains and 28inch Chains are similar.
And the $6 and some coupons, we just wanna compensate you.
Hope you can understanding.

About the 25 inch Chains, might you sell them to someone else?
We think maybe your friends or relatives will needs the Chains.
Hope you can take a try. Ok for you?
We are really thanks for your helpful.

Had a similar experience with a chineese company with an oil pump for my MS 311. It arrived after a couple of weeks and did not function. The casting on the pump housing was poor and the pump shaft didn't rotate. They first told me I ordered the wrong pump (in bad English), I told them it was the right pump, just didn't rotate. Then asked for pictures of my old pump, which I sent. They again said that I ordered the wrong pump, with an arrow pointing to the missing input nipple on my pump as proof/ I told them mine was damaged, nipple broken off. I ask them to send me a working pump. Then they told me they would give me a $5.00 partial refund. I again ask for a working pump, mean while I ordered a used Sthil pump form EBay. That arrived and I used the pump drive worm gear from the China kit and got my saw back to working. I finally agreed to the $5.00 refund after a couple more tries to get a working pump and I had used parts from the kit they sent. I put in a bad review on EBay for them to let others know of the inferior product. Then they contacted me to "Please change the bad review I gave them on EBay because "boss would take $5.00 from his pay". By the way, they hadn't sent my refund yet. I told them no way because they hadn't even sent me my refund. Refund was sent several days later with another request to change my negative review to a positive one. I told them NO because I had no idea if the even have working pumps. I took apart the pump and found the pump shaft end where the adjusting screw rides was canted and made the pump shaft move in and out if it could rotate at all. Won't be buying any more China parts. Maybe a cover or something like that. No machined parts.

If we ever have to go to war with China, I hope their weapons are as bad as everything else they make

Latest posts

Back