Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to drill a new adjuster hole about an inch in front of the factory one, to turn it into a dual pattern bar

Does ot have 4 adjusting holes or just 2. The dual pattern bar has 4 adjusting pin holes

So what's this?
Not?
8431f7992d1677599bb697d8dd96183f.jpg

Thats what i had, i drilled two more holes about an inch ahead of the factory holes, "towards the tip"then it will work i bet

Thanks. I kept beating my head against the wall because I was going on I bought the right one.
Thanks for clearing that up

Slide the bar back until the oil hole lines up perfectly with the start of the oil slot in the saw that will give you where you need to put the new adjuster hole.

Good cause it was not working for me. I will see if I can get the right bar or get some help.

Thanks again

What settings are your 070s carbs set at? Im getting some governor fluttering while cutting with mine. Trying to figure where i need to go on the hi side.

I will get that for you quick as I can. I am gathering parts, I started my 029 rebuild and there was 3 things I overlooked. Do you have a copy of the manual? Check toubleshot g in meantime and see if it says anything

ok where do you stand? i got my 029 redone and i am not a clamshell fan. i had time to think about how i could help you and i have not even got a bar mounted yet so anything i check on my saw is not going to help you. right?

what did you find out in the manual. gotta be something in there about the governor. tell me what to check if there is something i can share.

the 029 wore me out i will wait to tune it. i need food

Owners manual says 3/4 turn lo side and 1 full turn high side. I set my high side at 1-1/8 turn while its still breaking in but i haven't cut with it to know if it's perfect yet

Im going to look into maybe adjusting the governor i had 1-1/8 turn on the high side then i put a tach on it and im gettin 6400 rpm, id like to get about 8000 what the manual states. Its pulls hard now, but if i could get that extra 1600 rpm itd really hog.

I know there is instructions for adjusting the governor. Some will tell you to disable it, I won't. I am going to find someone to help hold my bar for marking so I can get going

I dont want to disable it i dont think, but i need to get a little more speed out of it

Downloaded service manual found out just moving the governor spring around will get my speed where it needs to be.

Latest posts

Back