Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So i got up earlier this morning. Took the recoil off and found the governor,it actually works the choke butterfly pretty ingenious.so i tightend the spring two notches and retached it at almost 7400rpm the service manual says shoot for 7500. So now im itchin to see what the extra 1000rpm does for it in the cut

I knew we would be screwed without that manual. Good go Boomer

I forgot to grease my gears on the 029 pump so I am going to focus on my 070 now today here forward

So i got up earlier this morning. Took the recoil off and found the governor,it actually works the choke butterfly pretty ingenious.so i tightend the spring two notches and retached it at almost 7400rpm the service manual says shoot for 7500. So now im itchin to see what the extra 1000rpm does for it in the cut
when the newer saws are spinning right around 12,500, even the 1200 r's difference your shooting for,,will make a big diff.........

View attachment 577313 I took the extra clutch cover I ordered to the machine shop to have the piece reduced to just the area holding the 070 chain in place. Everyone in charge was out to lunch, lady said it could be s while if they would agree to do it. This place has the capability to do a perfect job. I will just have to refinish it. I am getting there. Baby steps.

This just screams pain for anyone near to the saw if the chain lets go... IMO

I can't get my chain on the bar. The bar is suppose to work, but it don't. I know the out board clutches make it harder.

My bar is to far forward if it's to work. How did you adjust yours Boomer?

My holes line up and fit the studs the adjuster fits in the bar, adjuster is all the way back. Chain is in groove, chain moves and is engaged. You see how far off I am. Makes no sense to me.

It appears that many bars have two sets of holes some do not, mine did not so it got modified immediately. Earlier in this threat it was brought up. Mine has worked well since. Mine has several tanks on it with no problems after the compression release was modified. How is yours working? Thanks

How many pages does your manual have?

About 32. It is not anything that is a source of technical data, but yes it got read. The biggest that that was important to me was what type of sprocket did it have. Was going to convert to 3/8 chain, but am very glad I stayed with the 404 as it performs very well. Thanks

Ok so i moved the governor spring two notches tighter gained another 1000rpm spun 7400rpm now.....that made all the difference in the world! That thing pulls like a freight train now! I love it.

Go to the beg thread and ask for the 070 manual. It's in the chainsaw sticky thread. It got put up when this thread did and it's the updated current service manual. About 90 pages. It is complete.

For those that don't know where the manual beg thread is look here, they will hook you up with the right 070/090 manual, just say please ;-) :
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/the-beg-for-manuals-thread.68615/

Today i met a really capable chain and bar expert. I went to his shop to pick up my bar. Cannon is out of the CSB-S2-36-L until the fall, he had one I said I am on my way hold on to it, its a dual pattern. It does cause me some issues because the loops my buddy made me were 108 link and this bar uses 111 so i gotta fix that. While there I saw his very impressive army of grinders, this fella is armed and dangerous. he also can maintain the bar groove. Anyway i just got one step closer to where i want to be. I just noticed they match

new bar.jpg

Holy molly this is really a fine saw. i just spent 30 minutes with it. my bar and chain really made this fatty go. I topped out in my cut at 7200 so I will raise it some later by adjusting the governor. I need some large wood to noodle to break this in. There is a guy about an hours ride who has some wood he has pushed over. I will help him out and help myself out and get some gas run in it. I am using av100 and the HR1 40:1 , seems to lap it up, literally. That oiler is amazing, my 36" bar is nice and wet like i wish all my saws were, I guess it would do a 48" just as well plus it has the extra push available.

It had not been started since i got it and it fired on the 4 pull, 2 pulls did not count cause I did not reset the decomp and it jerked it right outta my hand. You don't want to get in the way of that chain until it calms down. Its big and heavy and so awesome.

I went ahead of myself and modified that clutch cover and today after actually getting to use it and not just going on whats is written in a book, I think it really helps the saw release the heat from the clutch and it holds the chain perfectly and certainly will be most suitable when its strapped into the Holzfforma, but when you noddle with this monster the modified cover has your back again, just saying... Cleanup was real quick, my air gun got to it all and dealing with the chain is much easier.

I want to say the square cut chain is very good in the wood, I am sold. I had both the stihl bar and the cannon and the cannon I think is the better bar. If you guys want the best source for your bars and chains over 28" done by an expert with exceptional skill and equipment give Anthony a calll over at AP's Bar Shop. He has a website by same name.

Monster saw, perfect chain and bar what a wood weapon!

Someone just posted on my youtube channel that they could not get the bar they bought from Huztl to work. Huztl does not sell bars any size that will fit this saw that is why you need to know AP's Bar Shop. Poor fella was at wits end. This is the most i can do to help and how people run up on it is out of my hands as well. Huztl did have the .404 .63 in rolls. Anthony can make your loops and send them to you, he uses stihl and oregon chain

an update

I wanted to add this info in the right place. Huztl does not make a bar for this. Cannon does and Stihl has two we can make work. i just asked a guy in the business if he would buy the bars locally and drill them and ship them to you. i bought the cannon because i wanted the bar perfect and it would be if he drilled it. if he needs a saw to measure i will take him mine if it offers us a permanent solution. i just sent him an email and asked if he could help us with it and he might...maybe if you buy some of your chain from him. He is an expert on both. we will hear something if he says yes and his terms. or maybe he can point us somewhere if he can't. Buying these bars locally makes more sense because of international shipping. my bar is heavy and they charge by the pound or kilo or what ever.

the other thing that dawned on me i am not sure anyone has asked farmertec if they would keep the 090 cylinder stocked on huztl and also offer a 6 shoe clutch, so i did , just sent the message, maybe we will hear how they feel on the subject soon. man a farmertec kit with the top and the clutch would make an upgrade a slam dunk.

so all this info provides more options. he said earlier in the week when he wrote that the 070 kits would be out by end of next month at the lastest and he said the kit delay was due to very high demand for the complete saw in africa and he just had trouble keeping up, he would and we will get the kits.

they said to expect great things to come, like brush cutter, hedge trimmers, earth augers and frequent sales like cylinder kit days, carby days, etc. get those wallets out.

Ok i heard back from anthony at APsbarshop com and he will provide a place to buy the bars for the huztl 070 saws. he is looking at it right now. Checking for best prices and so forth of the different makes and he can and will drill the bars out properly if needed so everyone has the best possible experience after all he is the US cannon service center. that tells you how good he is.

so now we have a one stop shop.

cool

I received my 070 last week. After looking at .404 options I decided to convert to 3/8 pitch and modify the bar studs to take the standard large 3002 stihl bar. I will have to drill some holes in the 3002 mount for the chain adjuster. I think I will try to start with Huztl's 28 inch bar. I may have to add some links???
I can get this setup for around $60 including the rim drum, bar and chain. I can use this bar on my 660 too.

I haven't used it yet. I will be trying it this week on my 660 and also a smaller 16 inch too.
I have two 25" from them. The coating is very hard wearing,I had hoped the" for the working man" would wear off quickly but I think it will outlast the bar, Stihl should learn how to coat their bars like that.... otherwise not super impressed but they are very cheep and I expect they will improve them quickly.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

Back