Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with governor defeated i feel 070's got good revs and power compared to other rev limited big saws. the only con is their lower range of power rpm cutting.

my 070 090 i had will literally pull me into the wood, with rakers set low and good cutter hook

old school filter were pretty much wire mesh type, these days they come with the felt kinda material. could rob some power i guess
Was your governor defeated on the other 070?

very cool If you don't mind me asking how hard could you roll /push one into a log with the falling spikes before it would quit cutting

i dont recommend pushing/levering hard a saw with glued friction material clutch, they can come out if you're unlucky

i tried to stall my 070 and the clutch lining came off, then i got a new set of later version which is all metal clutch. at about 24" they are almost impossible to stall

i dont recommend pushing/levering hard a saw with glued friction material clutch, they can come out if you're unlucky

i tried to stall my 070 and the clutch lining came off, then i got a new set of later version which is all metal clutch. at about 24" they are almost impossible to stall
Yeah. The china clutch isn't up to snuff. 18 inch bar in hard hard wood with too much pressure not pushing super hard. But as hard as you would think a real one should not stall. ? And the 070 clone stalls. Thank you for shedding some light on this.

I can throw some chips and cut fast but you can stall it if you try. It might be breaking in cause its a little harder to stall after 2 tank fulls. But not much.

The saw obviously has limitations. I wish I knew somebody with a real one locally that I could swap parts with.

One more thing.

My friend who rides dirtbikes explained to me that you need two dirtbikes to make a judgement to find where something is lacking in one to improve them both

I bought another 250r Honda. I found my bike I had since I was 14 had a problem. It wasn't as crisp and fast as the 250r I just bought.

I replaced the reeds and upgraded the carburetor and spent a lot of time jetting. now my first 250r is faster than my second. I could keep going and make the second one even faster and then I could improve on the first one again. but they're fast enough lol.

But yeah I think that if I could find a real 070 I Could make big improvements on this saw.

Yeah. The china clutch isn't up to snuff. 18 inch bar in hard hard wood with too much pressure not pushing super hard. But as hard as you would think a real one should not stall. ? And the 070 clone stalls. Thank you for shedding some light on this.

I can throw some chips and cut fast but you can stall it if you try. It might be breaking in cause its a little harder to stall after 2 tank fulls. But not much.

The saw obviously has limitations. I wish I knew somebody with a real one locally that I could swap parts with.
Just curious what chain are you using?

My back is out or I would go bury my bar. Others have not complained about power.... hopefully it's something that can be fixed. My back will be better within a week I got a 34" diameter tall stump I can give some feedback with. The limited cutting I have done with mine, it was very powerful, no issues. Sometimes a near pinch will almost stop it. Mine kept a steady 7700 rpm in the cut which is slower than say my 660. My governor is active, I think it was on the second notch if my memory is correct.

Bedford ! No need to mess with it if you dont have to !

I need to work with the saw some more and get a bigger bar
The power is there the power is amazing actually. This is way better than a poulan or cheap saw at Wal-Mart

Maybe I don't have it tuned right but I just don't know.

I used it for another two hours today the compression seems to be coming up to me. But maybe I was tired.

I let off the throttle after cutting a stump and the chain fell off.

The sprocket didn't have a scratch on it but it chipped 5 drive links so I touched them up with the file and kept going. We removed about 6 smaller scrub oaks and the saw functioned amazingly well.

Bottom line. I really love this saw.

I was just trying to say the clutch might not be as strong as a real 070. I think the clutch is three quarters of a real 070.

But I've never held a real 070 so I am going by youtube videos and other people

I was feeling your pain. Clutch may not be as tuff. I think Stihl still sell them

I was feeling your pain. Clutch may not be as tuff. I think Stihl still sell them
Based on my small amount of experience with this stuff improvements will occur. All of the known faults with the husky372 kit I ordered had been fixed on the kit I received. Even the decomp. So I'm thinking they are listening and feeding improvements back, which I'm guessing is rare for this type of company. Didn't someone say there was a new six shoe clutch in the works?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

The farmertec 36" bar and loops are now available for this monster.

A complete milling solution.
Mill, bars, chains, two saws.

if its like a 090 clutch and shoes,,bend over,rover........
I read somewhere that the linings can easily come off those lined shoes. It surely can't be as bad as that sounded. I asked if they were going to do the the 36" bar and was told no. I asked about the clutch and the jug and was told they would come consider the clutch. They cost me 100 on the bar. I could have waited a little longer. I guess our communication not so good. I am hopeful on the clutch.

Yeah I hope they make the clutch.

I was reading that you have to run the chainsaw a bit then re adjust the chain after it warms up. Then when you're done for the day. loosen it on a hard nose bar.

no wonder my chain fell off.

I think that a china stump grinder and trencher that used the same powerhead would be the best thing in the world.

Edit: filling those two holes on the filter and sealing up the filter with grease improved it 1000% I found hardly any dirt in the intake after using it to cut down stumps right near the dirt.

One more thing.

My friend who rides dirtbikes explained to me that you need two dirtbikes to make a judgement to find where something is lacking in one to improve them both

I bought another 250r Honda. I found my bike I had since I was 14 had a problem. It wasn't as crisp and fast as the 250r I just bought.

I replaced the reeds and upgraded the carburetor and spent a lot of time jetting. now my first 250r is faster than my second. I could keep going and make the second one even faster and then I could improve on the first one again. but they're fast enough lol.

But yeah I think that if I could find a real 070 I Could make big improvements on this saw.

You must have a very fast 250R because I have yet to ride a dirt bike that is fast enough. Just because they can be ridden to win a few races does not make them fast enough. Dirt bikes can always be made to shed a few pounds or or more top end over run etc. Saws on the other hand have limitations that are designed for a single purpose. Modded saws that are ported are not my favorite. For those who want to port their saws go for it, but not for me. There is no substitute for displacement.
My 070 is performing really well and it is so easy to start. You must have a good grip on the starter for when it might sputter in that it could yank your hand pretty good. My clutch has performed pretty much spot on. As far as the governor goes it is still stock, but might play with it some day. Thanks

You must have a very fast 250R because I have yet to ride a dirt bike that is fast enough. Just because they can be ridden to win a few races does not make them fast enough. Dirt bikes can always be made to shed a few pounds or or more top end over run etc. Saws on the other hand have limitations that are designed for a single purpose. Modded saws that are ported are not my favorite. For those who want to port their saws go for it, but not for me. There is no substitute for displacement.
My 070 is performing really well and it is so easy to start. You must have a good grip on the starter for when it might sputter in that it could yank your hand pretty good. My clutch has performed pretty much spot on. As far as the governor goes it is still stock, but might play with it some day. Thanks
Yeah But the faster you go the easier it is to get really hurt photo5062558951039674294.jpg photo1086603344542279640.jpg This is the bike I Was talking about

What are your thoughts on this

Wow.

Before we say that's the crank is the flywheel tight? Since I did not assemble the saw it's hard for me to say. I don't have a feel for it. It's running and if the crank was that loose on for example the 660 you would be having problems.

If it was the crank on a 660 your bearings would be loose or wore out that bad on both sides or it would be broke. Bad anyway you look at it.

I would want to guess that the way the flywheel is attached is causing that slop. I would have to study up on it.

EDIT: Did some research And Found this in the service manual

The crank-shaft end play of 0.2 — 0.4 mm (0.008—0.016″) is controlled by two plastic check plates on the crank-shaft. These check plates are available in different thicknesses in order to get the correct end play of 0.2 — 0.4 mm (0.008 to 0.016″). End Quote

Mine is 0.025' endplay Its not horrible but its pretty bad
<End Edit>
the whole crank - clutch move back and fourth in the cases Quality control was asleep at the wheel here I Think You can rattle the whole crank if you jerk the saw around

The sad thing is I Think it was that way from the start Cause I remember I Picked it up real hard off the ground and heard a clunk when it was Already Turned off And thought it was the clutch or something

I Took the starter off again to put a decal on the starter That's how I moved the crank And noticed that

wow Atleast the Plastic Stihl Logo makes it look really pretty :D20170708_153639.jpg

Latest posts

Back