Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is not like that. You sure are having problems.

They really need some farmertec badges. I am not mentioning it again with them. People put the stihl badges on them and try to sell them as a stihl. Somebody ought to make badges that say "Stihl Copy"

They have roller bearings on the crankshaft - same as original 070
so there is some play normal
E.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G928F mit Tapatalk
Thank you My play is 0.025 when the acceptable play should be 0.008 - 0.016 Its out of the range of Acceptable endplay Some people say that its way too much
Other people say that its okay I Don't know what to think honestly

Thank you My play is 0.025 when the acceptable play should be 0.008 - 0.016 Its out of the range of Acceptable endplay Some people say that its way too much
Other people say that its okay I Don't know what to think honestly
Will check it on mine tomorrow...
seen way more play on old contras -
And they still running great
3793f35eade4c7c05719c8b6af99af02.jpg

Mine is not like that. You sure are having problems.

They really need some farmertec badges. I am not mentioning it again with them. People put the stihl badges on them and try to sell them as a stihl. Somebody ought to make badges that say "Stihl Copy"
You don't have any endplay in your crank ?? mine must be messed up

you can't rock your crank through the cases back and fourth by grabbing on the flywheel ?

I just checked mine. It's hard to be accurate but it has about 0.025 inch of play side to side in the crankshaft. This is right out of the box not started.

I just checked mine. It's hard to be accurate but it has about 0.025 inch of play side to side in the crankshaft. This is right out of the box not started.
I just measured again with more accuracy. It's more like 0.030 inch of movement.

I haven't used it yet. I will be trying it this week on my 660 and also a smaller 16 inch too.
I used the 28 inch Holzfforma bar yesterday. I went through about a tank. I not used to anything over 20 inch so it felt heavy and somewhat flexible. It did cut well and the chain that came with it worked well. It wasn't a great test since it was in a soft 20 inch diameter poplar tree. I did some noodling with the grain to bury the whole bar...worked great.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The best measurement I could get was 0.024-0.025 Also yeah 28 inch is when the bars start to get wobbly Thank you for testing your crankshaft !!!!!

I Do want to say Guys Use the decompression button even if you don't need it To save the starter !!!!!!!!!

The best measurement I could get was 0.024-0.025 Also yeah 28 inch is when the bars start to get wobbly Thank you for testing your crankshaft !!!!!

I Do want to say Guys Use the decompression button even if you don't need it To save the starter !!!!!!!!!
Have 0.025
E.

Great power - seems the same real 070 has

Very cool. I suspected that the clones have gotten better in the over 10 years that they've made them. I wonder how much money a ms391 is new. Vs what you can get one of these for.

Ms391 is almost 600 dollars

I looked up saw rentals and from sunbelt a week rental for a 24 inch chainsaw is almost 300 dollars !

You don't have any endplay in your crank ?? mine must be messed up

you can't rock your crank through the cases back and fourth by grabbing on the flywheel ?

sorry i have been distracted....

my post and explanation was to say that my saw runs great. i have not assembled one so i have no way of knowing exactly why it has play. look at the photo (ms660). most saws can not have the play you described without having major problems. why, because its fitted. the crank goes inside a bearing that is tightly fitted into the case and then the crank is fitted tightly into the bearing. and you have no play in a healthy saw. so then the 070 is different somehow in how its assembled. i am not interested in looking and trying to understand how from an IPL because i want to see it, nor do i want to assault my 070...yet, so when the kits come out we can get a better understanding how its put together, so how a good running saw can have wiggle.

something is different not necessarily wrong. cut some wood. the guy in the video has a saw that is slow and steady. perfect for milling. you have a 660 for regular stuff right. i see them kinda like a old lover vs an young man in how the cutting occurs. but i am sure curious about the wiggle but not alarmed in any way shape or form.

IMG_20170713_173401.jpg

I do not care about the wiggle either. Mine is running good and it is exactly what I wanted. It goes through logs very well especially the ones that are more than 16 dia. What is not to like. A new larger saw that can not be worked on in the field will run more than $1500. Mine ran $341 not including bar and chain. Yeah it is heavy, but it is not for limbing. Thanks

I do not care about the wiggle either. Mine is running good and it is exactly what I wanted. It goes through logs very well especially the ones that are more than 16 dia. What is not to like. A new larger saw that can not be worked on in the field will run more than $1500. Mine ran $341 not including bar and chain. Yeah it is heavy, but it is not for limbing. Thanks
070 are equipped with roller bearings on both cranc sides - two on each side! Must be some play.. seen on older contras more than 1mm - and they still great runners.

Back