Huztl Farmertec 372 Build Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All together with an 18" bar mounted for now. Squirt in the carb, pops so choke on, fired and running carb screws at 1 turn each. Idles, revs and back to idle cleanly. Starts in about a foot of rope! Schweet!! Starting without decomp not bad. Easier for sure using it.
Happy so far

All together with an 18" bar mounted for now. Squirt in the carb, pops so choke on, fired and running carb screws at 1 turn each. Idles, revs and back to idle cleanly. Starts in about a foot of rope! Schweet!! Starting without decomp not bad. Easier for sure using it.
Happy so far
Did you use your base gasket?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I didn't use the gasket because I didn't think .060 squish would preform very well. Did you use the 50mm cylinder? I used the ,52. Now I'm thinking I should have at least put it on and checked squish with it as well.
Yes I used the gasket. I think machining the cylinder is how i would get it reduced. Want to dyno the saws as built once the dyno is built haha

I would say so, I just fired mine up a while ago, was going to tune it, but started pouring down rain. It popped on 3rd pull choked, took 2 more choke off to run. Carb is still set where I set it initially 1 1/4 turns out on both needles.
Cold start five pulls with choke popped then choke off running. Pretty normal?

Just finishing the Huztl 372 kit + 52mm P&C, everything went together great. With one little exception, the chain brake would not disengage. After taking the handle off, we had to work hard with a pair vise grips to engage / dis engage the brake. The spring was so stiff that it felt like the plastic brake handle was going to break before disengaging. We cut and taper ground the spring, we took off 1 1/2 coils, which lowered tension, now the plastic handle works great!

Maybe Huztl upgraded to air rifle springs? lol's

If the spring won't bend sideways during the install, it's a real tough pita to get installed and the brake handle won't move when your done, you too may have the upgraded spring!

Just mixed up some more gas and fired her up the first time, six pulls and she popped, on the next pull she ran. With the big bore and muffler mod, she sounds pretty bad to the bone.

Time to tune her up and Huztl up some firewood!

Are the Huztl kits worth very much when you get them built? I rebuilt my 372xp using just a handful of Chinese parts and didn't figure it would sell very well....
I wouldn't think there would be much of a market for them, but I have seen the HUS 365 on eBay for around 250. I don't know how many they sell though.

Just finishing the Huztl 372 kit + 52mm P&C, everything went together great. With one little exception, the chain brake would not disengage...

That problem is usually caused by incorrectly installing the grommet on the cylinder cover vice installing it into the cylinder. If incorrect, it will space the cylinder cover up just high enough to make the brake handle hang.

paaats_010_large.JPG

I can buy a Huztl 660 shipped for less than the cost of a new MS 180 e locally, I can buy 2 or 3 Huztls for the price of one well used and abused MS 066.

Not sure about resale value of $200 t0 $300 saws, but there is lots of working value in owning and operating these $300 saws

That problem is usually caused by incorrectly installing the grommet on the cylinder cover vice installing it into the cylinder. If incorrect, it will space the cylinder cover up just high enough to make the brake handle hang.

View attachment 666261

Thanks for your input; my first thought was plastic was catching somewhere, but.

We took off the plastic brake handle and used vise grips to move the steel lever the handle attaches to. The spring I received was overly strong and made it very difficult to move the brake even with the vise grips, and it made an excessively loud snap when released.

The spring in my recent kit (arrived last week) had a HD spring, that would not allow the brake to disengage.

I cut the spring and it's working just fine.

I was just kinda wondering about the prices of the 372 saws and whether it would be worthwhile to build a few just to sell. I already have a good 362 and a 372 to use. I might look into the 660 kit though as it doesn't cost much more than the 372 and might sell better around here..

I can buy a Huztl 660 shipped for less than the cost of a new MS 180 e locally, I can buy 2 or 3 Huztls for the price of one well used and abused MS 066.

Not sure about resale value of $200 t0 $300 saws, but there is lots of working value in owning and operating these $300 saws
Yeah, I don't guess the wood knows what it's being cut with..

I don't think there's really a market for them when assembled. They're jig saw puzzles for men that happen to cut wood when you're done. Tinkering is required on them even when they're done and they are going to have a shorter life between rebuilds

I don't think there's really a market for them when assembled. They're jig saw puzzles for men that happen to cut wood when you're done. Tinkering is required on them even when they're done and they are going to have a shorter life between rebuilds
Plus most buyers prefer OEM stuff on their purchases. Any hint of aftermarket and they shy away.

Yeah, I think the only people that would buy would be a friend that actually saw it run and knew what is was.

View attachment 666261
That grommet was missing from my kit. Should I get one?

Back