Huztl Farmertec 372 Build Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was your 372XP China clone an assembled powerhead or a completely unassembled kit saw? Is it the hz-372 you have been running for a year...how many hours estimated on it?
dont buy a ready built one, I have heard rumours of badly pressed in bearings and terribly seated seals...

my 372 was built off parts from hz and machine dr-- it was not assembled or even a kit-- i assembled it bearings seals--everything--

i didn't keep a log book on it-- my guess would be about 100 hours on the husky clone --

the 440 i built a year before probably has three or four times the running-- and the cylinder still looks good in it--

the china cylinders seem to hold up "good enough" for most use-- lately i have been running 50 to one mix in both saws-- they seem to like it so far--

i wouldn't sweat how long a china made jug last too much -- their easy to swap out and cheap- to replace if they fail--

my 372 clone is a 50mm-- i have threatened to put a 52mm jug on it-- but the thing is running and pulling so well-- i dare not mess with it--

ha wot-- the ns440 built the same way has sen lots of use--

i keep saying i'm gona build either a ms-361 or another 372- or 440-- or maybe a 460?-- but i don't need ANY more saws--lol

right now i'm in the middle of restoring a echo cs-620 that took a great fall-- so it is gonna be a while before i build another saw--

and i keep saying i want one of those ported hot saws--lol

i i wait till i blow one of these china dolls up-- it might be a while--before i build another-- i must have a case of CAD--

al gore says hes working on a vaccine--for it--lol

These were said 'rumours' from people on this site on said Chinese built 372's. Can't find the thread so I used the word 'rumours' rather than quotes...
Here's the two 365s i bought I've been running one hard for the past few weeks haven't had time to run the other one much they both have inspector sigs where they were tested absolutely no issues they ran fine out of the box but i like to modify i woods ported the 365 and it really woke up i bought two 372 huztl 50mm kits waiting on my round intake boots to come in but they look excellent good casting quality and transfers no cleaning up needed one didn't have the decomp tapped lol i am new to chinese saws but these things for now assembled 240.52 shipped aliexpress are hard to beat here's some saw and cylinder pics the 365 is a nice cylinder too.20170218_095644.jpg 20170219_145824.jpg 20170217_151521.jpg

Here are photo from what I have as extra if someone could help it will be much appreciated

Bore is 52mm from huztl

Looks good did you get it finished i was too impatient lol it was hard for me to wait the 11 days it took mine to get here mine pulls a 24 full comp stihl rs great i have been cutting dead ash and its a sword on poplar lol i'm just going to change it out to a woods ported huztl 372 with oem wrist pin bearing and to find oem circlips that fit otherwise all chinese I've had good luck with the chinese rings over the years might try the huztl big bore later i'm ordering another one i bought three oem full wraps off bailey's and only have two 372's lol i hope you like yours as much as me.

Here's the two 365s i bought I've been running one hard for the past few weeks haven't had time to run the other one much they both have inspector sigs where they were tested absolutely no issues they ran fine out of the box but i like to modify i woods ported the 365 and it really woke up i bought two 372 huztl 50mm kits waiting on my round intake boots to come in but they look excellent good casting quality and transfers no cleaning up needed one didn't have the decomp tapped lol i am new to chinese saws but these things for now assembled 240.52 shipped aliexpress are hard to beat here's some saw and cylinder pics the 365 is a nice cylinder too.View attachment 561069 View attachment 561070 View attachment 561071
Hey don't get me wrong, I am not a hater of Chinese stuff. I have a farmertec 038 magnum cylinder. Looks rougher than oem but for sub $20 it has held up well so far and I cannot notice the difference in power output if any at all. All I am saying is if I had to chose either I would build it myself as I would be the one using it and I know that I have done stuff properly to what I want (well that could be crap, but I'd like to think I had done it properly) and hey I for one want a 660 kit.. but I would say farmertec parts seem better on quality than others. Ie golf pistons etc.

I wish there was a way to tell or order from certain manufacturers because the quality varies wildly lol but they all have improved I've bought cylinders in the past i had to spend time cleaning up or tapping threads before using not so much now it does seem huztl offer's the better china parts to be had which makes sense happier customers more sales less returns etc. My first china saw a kingpark 58cc 79.00 jobbie off ebay impressed everyone that ran it that and the hundreds of china part's ive used over the year's convinced me to try these 365s might not be for everyone but these kits or assembled saws are a lot of fun.

I think I like the idea of a full kit, non greasy, in front of the fire, no waiting for parts to appear on eBay, kinda like a house friendly man puzzle. My workshop is awful cold and unappealing in the winter nights..

For the average saw buyer a complete assembled saw make sense but for those that like to tinker these are great.

there is a guy that bought one of those 'gray market" HU365s off flea-bay a while back -- he swapped in a big bore kit and he has posted a bunch of videos on you-tube of it running, er running quite well i might add--

i would post a link but i keep getting" bad file extension" -- but he has several videos of it-- one pulling a 30" or 32" bar in hardwood--

chinese 65cc HU65 chinease 365 big bore-- ect should find the links--

al-how, mat ward, mega nutt bull are the posters of these videos--

and then there is that hill top shop guy he has built several with a mix of parts--OEM and china--

I talked with mattward74 on youtube a little he likes the 372 clones that he imported and built but said the 380 he didn't like and gave it away kimballcody has some good vids of the clones too the 660 372 and 070 saws.

Hill top saw guy is weimedog aka afleetcommand on here and other forums i believe.

yea i was gonna mention 'all fleet command" -- hill top saw--

he has videos on lots of 372s from all china to mix masters and X-torqs-- he has done a video of building a ms 361 and has done a lot of 660s--

i haven't done a lot of china saws-- maybe three a 372xp, a MS440 and a mix-master 440 -- i can say i'm happy with how they run-- most of my builds went a lot like the ones all fleet command did -- a few little snags -- mostly easy to fix--

i did notice that his 361 seemed to run out of the gate without garb issus---

Back