Huztl / Farmertec ms 440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you were a member of a site that can't be mentioned here because of some sort of internet turf war or some such nonsense, you could probably still get a 660 at the group price. But I can't post the name of the site. It is censored and I am actually not allowed to even post.

:crazy:

I got the 044 and had so much fun with the "big-boy jigsaw puzzle" that I went ahead and got the 066 too.

Each kit had issues. A few missing minor parts. A few parts manufactured incorrectly. A few bolt holes that needed to be tapped. One clutch drum that needed the center hole a few thou bigger. A few trips to the hardware store for screws and nuts. But I'd do them both again. Solving the problems needs to be part of the fun, or you will drive yourself crazy.

They both started from dry in five pulls or less and they both run strong. The 066 actually runs better.

Hmmm... I have one more spare 20" Stihl bar. What to do?

The kit seems like a good bet, I see they have a wrap handle for the 440. Be nice on kits larger than the 361.

Just finished with the 660 build. By any chance are the fly wheel threads and PTO threads the same. I made a crank puller (I know I know I don't need it lol) for the 660

m10x1 and m12x1 LH

I wanna do one more 660 with the 56mm BB and then either the 360 0r 440. The other saws I have are a ms 310 and a Ms250.

So I was wondering if the threads were the same on the 660 and 440.

I wanna do one more 660 with the 56mm BB and then either the 360 0r 440. The other saws I have are a ms 310 and a Ms250.

So I was wondering if the threads were the same on the 660 and 440.
The 660 crank is much larger than the 440 crank. The 660 flywheel nut is M10 and the 440 is M8.

Just put the oem coil on and it started after 5 pulls. Still need to tune it so it doesn't die after 5 seconds.

Thanks for all the help.
I ordered a new Huztl coil on Feb 24 from their ebay site. It arrived yesterday. Huztl is also sending a replacement for the bad coil that came with the 440 kit. It didn't ship until Mar 16.

I also ordered a replacement wrist pin bearing for 380 kit. It was ordered through ebay on Mar 3rd. It's still not here. Huztl is also sending a replacement but it took a couple of weeks to get Huztl to agree to send a replacement for the wrong one sent with the kit.

My point is don't go through China for stuff if you need it in less than a month. If you can wait, the kits are decent quality and good pricing but can get frustrating when resolving some of the issues like missing parts or non-functioning parts.

Just passing on info, you do it how you want, these parts are probably the cheapest replacement parts on the saw and when they fail, it'll ruin your day. Lots, and I mean lots of documented cases of AM circlip failure, do some reading, I'm not the first and certainly not the last to experience this, good luck.

don't talk him out of it, should be a good thread for later :D

Latest posts

Back