Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HMMM:

HUZTL TEAM 2017-02-15 07:10:59
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your kindness and understanding.
Sorry, we cannot check the shipping infromation for you now, because our order processing system met some problems.
Our network technicians are repairing it. It may take a few days.
Once it is OK, we will handle your order immediately.
Hope you could understand. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Evie

The 5 months I've followed this everyone has got their kit. Sometimes slow but that was due to parts out of stock or a holiday.

I bet they had a back log from their new year. Took 2 weeks for my first to arrive

Mine didn't update and said it was still in China when I checked. Then all of a sudden it was in NY customs and I got it 3 days later

I received tracking information Sunday night and have been tracking the package. As previously stated in the thread, use https://www.aftership.com/courier/sf-express for tracking information. Mine states it is currently in transit to New York City from overseas. I am in PA so I guess it shouldn't be more than a few days once it reaches the states.

With no work to the cylinder other than cleaning the port chamfers mine had slightly less grunt than my 064. With a little port work to the cylinder and piston it was on par with the 64 but not as smooth running. This was one of the last video's I did noodling with a little porting to the cylinder and piston. Running a 25"

Not bad sir. So you cleaned up the port chamfers and slicked up the transfers. Actually this saw runs pretty well in the video. Is it wearing a dual port for the muffler? (It is just a little rich at 13,000 but not bad). I like what I see.

I tapered the lower transfer also because it's a sharp drop from the base. Then opened the piston windows. No base gasket and Gasket matched the exhaust port and muffler. Also the muffler baffle is removed.
4d5fdec95fa87da447e09e8b18f3e9ce.jpg
timing was bumped 8° and a high output oil pump control bolt was installed. It is a little fat at 13 but the guy I'm giving it to after my tests is running a 36" bar on it. That was the second tank of fuel.
b0c32369632906cb0138ca587c950f27.jpg

I tapered the lower transfer also because it's a sharp drop from the base. Then opened the piston windows. No base gasket and Gasket matched the exhaust port and muffler. Also the muffler baffle is removed.
4d5fdec95fa87da447e09e8b18f3e9ce.jpg
timing was bumped 8° and a high output oil pump control bolt was installed. It is a little fat at 13 but the guy I'm giving it to after my tests is running a 36" bar on it. That was the second tank of fuel.
b0c32369632906cb0138ca587c950f27.jpg

Love it! Great information!

Mine as well make the install tool while I'm waiting for kit. I'm pretty sure I have the m10x 1 for flywheel side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's good info back at the beginning of the thread. Most people used a little heat and pushed the case to the pins by hand and light tapping then use the case screws going round and around to pull it together. It's pretty easy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151933924911?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

they have m14 and m12 left hand taps available. haven't gotten them yet

though it is possible to assemble these cases many ways, ... press... case screws...heat / cool etc. ......... using CHEAP, easily made custom tooling to put these cases together with ZERO lateral force on the bearings makes most sense to me. I know the husqvarna shop tools do this, but they are expensive. my vids have shown these can be made for VERY inexpensive... so why not? putting lateral forces on bearings gives me the willies.... no matter how small the force, dynamic or static...still worries me.

i will be doing bolt for bolt vids on the 660 and the 372 clones and will be using the custom tooling which I will explain in detail again ... AND possible do it the other way too to describe the differences ... just still waiting for my 660 here :(

Thanks davhul. Yes I've had good luck with other cranks using heat and a cold crank out of the freezer. I've got a buddy with a lathe to bore out the rod nice and straight then tap it. I know I don't really need it but I just feel like making it for some reason. Lol[emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have access to a lathe, i don't think i even need it. and it makes complete sense to have these tools if ya do even one saw.

the issue with the heat cold stuff is that it is exceptionally time sensitive ... AND i worry that the sealants used between the case halves may not set well at high or low temps. the whole thing has to go super smooth in order for that to work right. i've had to pull things together with case bolts plenty... i think there is a better way :)

i bought both the m12 and m14 taps. that covers quite a few larger clutches, both husky and stihl. i'm sure there are others, but no harm in having taps. they aren't that expensive, and obviously can last a long time.

Back