Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering about that on this build I installed the Hartsell 56 mm and it has just a touch of Freeport didn't really measure it but it should be fine hopefully.

Did you have that much Freeport with the base gasket Tbohn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
95 mil freeport was with the base gasket. I built one with a Huztl 56mm and had about 12 mils without a base gasket. I'll probably order another Huztl 56mm.

Wow. Good to know.

I also had issues will a seller called bizbest on ebay. His ad and description say 56mm but he sent me 54mm cylinders. He was just offering a discount until ebay got involved. He did refund 100% and let me keep the 54mm cylinders.

Fell asleep [emoji42] last night woke up this morning and buttoned her up. Started up idled pretty good. Did that a couple more times then it got hard to idle. Then I flooded it. I have heard that the 56 mm is a little finicky with the idle. I took the spark plug out put a lighter to it for a little bit and checked the spark I have really good spark so I'll let it sit for a little bit. This decompression valve sucks you have to press it every time you pull it. Like It has said before when you pull this one over you've got to commit. Lol

I've got gas coming straight out the muffler. Something must be stuck open in the carb?

I've got gas coming straight out the muffler. Something must be stuck open in the carb?

Sounds flooded. They flood easily. Turn it over a bunch without the plug. I had a huztl 440 kit that had spark but would not start. Gas would come out the muffler when I tried to start it. Put on a different coil and it started right up.

I've got so much stuff to do around the house today it's hard not tinkering with the saw I can't let the wife catch me spinning wrenches when I should be doing stuff on the list. Lol. It's hard to stay away from it. I'll let you know tonight How it goes

Yuuuuup. Pulled a bunch with the plug out reset the gap on the coil just for good measure fired right up. It didn't even want the choke so I'll have to remember that

"I can't let the wife catch me spinning wrenches when I should be doing stuff on the list. Lol. "

Well said lol. It's good to respect the wife they control the meals too

Working on the kits at night is ideal with kids ,I can't be distracted ... and I can't make noise in the house so she can't see anything lol. I have a hard enough time focusing. Lol. If everything goes well I just keep going till my eyes get fuzzy. [emoji102]

$379 with free shipping, but that's still a chunk of coin for a saw with unknown build quality. If they had a kit for a hundred less I'd be in. Cool looking saw I must say.

They have been individually imported recently right at $300. I haven't talked myself into the 070 yet... when a 660 can be BB'd to 99cc, it's so close + modern design. On the other hand, I would not fault anyone wanting to try the 070 out.

They have been individually imported recently right at $300. I haven't talked myself into the 070 yet... when a 660 can be BB'd to 99cc, it's so close + modern design. On the other hand, I would not fault anyone wanting to try the 070 out.

Agreed!! The 660 kit is a huge bang for the buck

Pop on a 090 P&C and go to 137cc...
And clutch, if you want to use all that torque, so I am waiting for AM 6 shoe clutches to hit relatively low pricing before I seriously consider jumping in. If a 660 clutch & drum can be sold for $6, an 090 surely could be sold for around $25 - $35.

Others have been able to get the 070 delivered to the USA for considerably less. See KimballCody videos on the 070 for a review of the factory assembled powerheads. Here's his unboxing to get you started:

Does anyone know what company this saw was ordered from specifically? I am not quite comfortable ordering from Alibaba or Aliexpress yet.

Back