Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clear as can be. This all is very interesting and good for farmertec.

I have been looking for an investment and approached farmertec way before this thread and they went it alone and I think for good reason. I found an actual manufacturer who is will to produce the kits. I have much work ahead of me. It's possible that quailty low cost kits become a normal thing, not temporary.

I would like to see a 72cc and that's all I will say because this should be about building the kit

I use to have all the original books from stihl on all there saws and trimmers. But the Owner had some kids clean up stairs and they threw all the boxes of books out. But I still have my 064/066 book. IMG_1884.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I would copy what they are doing and add a 460/461 unless I find there is a reason then I am sure a Aussie ms382 will do. Prefer the former take the latter

Clear as can be. This all is very interesting and good for farmertec.

I have been looking for an investment and approached farmertec way before this thread and they went it alone and I think for good reason. I found an actual manufacturer who is will to produce the kits. I have much work ahead of me. It's possible that quailty low cost kits become a normal thing, not temporary.

Hmmm...you and I are thinking in parallel lines.

Yes, I would copy what they are doing and add a 460/461 unless I find there is a reason then I am sure a Aussie ms382 will do. Prefer the former take the latter

We don't get the 382 here. It's not currently fitted with a Z muffler so no dice. We still have the 381 till EPA type laws come in place which is happening then we will see what happens then

I am just not worldly enough. So it's new Zealand? And south Africa, Brazil?

I guess sales depend on the right muffler in the buyers country. Hope that does not apply to kits or might be almost complete kits, byo muffler, bar chain

We don't get the 382 here. It's not currently fitted with a Z muffler so no dice. We still have the 381 till EPA type laws come in place which is happening then we will see what happens then

I have a question for the experienced folks. When the manual says:

Fit a new cylinder gasket (1),
curvature facing down, on the
crankcase.

Do they mean the convex side down or the concave side down?
crankcase -->|(
crankcase -->|)

Honestly I'm not sure. I've done it both ways and didnt see a difference. Even did a pressure test. So I've never called stihl on it. Early on the 066 my book says middle raised part up and now they say curvature down. I would say they mean |). People use beer cans and anything else that gets their squish right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question for the experienced folks. When the manual says:

Fit a new cylinder gasket (1),
curvature facing down, on the
crankcase.

Do they mean the convex side down or the concave side down?
crankcase -->|(
crankcase -->|)
I've always interperated it to be convex side down concave side up.

I make my own gaskets (over 100) from paper stock w/ a razor blade and leather punch. It has no concave or concave curve and even if it did, it would make no difference whatsoever.

Concave describes the bottom , Bowl sitting on counter ready for cereal.

I looked at the gasket for the first time and surely the bowl does sit on the counter. The piston comes down the pipe and would make sense for it to be out of reach. Laying it down in place the gasket would make the best surface contact that way.

Google says concave

having an outline or surface that curves inward like the interior of a circle or sphere.
synonyms: incurvate, curved inward, hollow,depressed, sunken;
indented, recessed
"a small concave area now filled with rainwater"

So ok

Right, concave is up or your cereal bowl won't hold milk or cereal, ergo convex side is down just like I said earlier. A typical bowl and a bead run in a sheet of metal has both a convex and a concave side, that's why the word "curvature" is perfectly ambiguous.

Even if the gasket had a convex or concave curvature(which I dont believe) it would make no difference which way it was placed on the base. As the cylinder bolts were tightened, the gasket would spread outward a tiny amount til it flattened. The amount it spread out is so small it is meaningless.

Even if the gasket had a convex or concave curvature(which I dont believe) it would make no difference which way it was placed on the base. As the cylinder bolts were tightened, the gasket would spread outward a tiny amount til it flattened. The amount it spread out is so small it is meaningless.

Understood clearly.

Latest posts

Back