Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have looked everywhere and cant find it. Looked through the box and all the bags and checked the magnet. Buggar. Can I buy one at an engineering shop or at a Stihl Shop? Are they a standard part?

Sometimes! I got one at a Stihl shop one time and had to file it (both narrow & less tall) to get it to fit. But they also sold Husky, so who knows what it was for.

Hey I am in BC as well, in Chilliwack. What was your total cost in the end with shipping and the exchange rate? If you don't mind me asking. I am looking to get one myself to build over the winter, but want to know what to expect for cost.
Pm sent

Has anyone tried using one of these ms660 for milling yet? I was thinking about buying 2 of them for a double head milling setup. The parts are cheap if something fails, or if one or both burns up they are cheap to replace. I can get 2 of these ms660 for way less than the cost of one real Stihl. Any thoughts, are these durable enough for milling applications?

I log onto AS for the first time in months, and you guys manage to swindle me out of 150 bucks in the first 5 minutes. Thanks....

But, new chainsaws are all that get me back into cutting wood. Now, the question is, 372 or 361?

AS is working fantastic now on my satellite internet too.

I log onto AS for the first time in months, and you guys manage to swindle me out of 150 bucks in the first 5 minutes. Thanks....

But, new chainsaws are all that get me back into cutting wood. Now, the question is, 372 or 361?

AS is working fantastic now on my satellite internet too.

I'd like to hear some current reviews of the Husky 372 kit. I think I read it wasn't up to the "quality" of the 660 kit. I've got the bug to order one of these kits too but I'm leaning on the MS660. Figure I need one big *** saw. My old man has a real Stihl MS361 pro so it would be redundant to build another. The 660 kit is the best bang for the money though.

you guys watch you woodruff keys. i mean installation. i had the benefit of reading where others had an issue after install. replies were shaft must be clean, nut torqued properly. mine was and it gave up into my first 10 minutes. i was slow out of the cutting gate because my back went south, it got better and i went a hunting for my wood. if it keeps happening we need to assume the steel is at fault. i am going to get a stihl key. i have waited this long. it did great for 10 minutes.

The key does not hold the flywheel in place, it just aligns it. Friction holds it in place. If things are not clean & tight, the key will always shear.

There is video of a big bore kit milling. Don't know how much was done, but the saw is still running as far as I know.

Was gonna get one myself, but found a real one at a reasonable price.

My 064 doesn't have a key. I set the timing and that's it. It's been that way for a year now

The key does not hold the flywheel in place, it just aligns it. Friction holds it in place. If things are not clean & tight, the key will always shear.

My 064 doesn't have a key. I set the timing and that's it. It's been that way for a year now
If a key shears, either the taper is not a good fit or the nut wasn't tight.

True. On my huztl when I bumped the timing up I thought I wasn't going to get the flywheel back off. It was so tight my normal smack with the hammer on loose nut wouldn't work. Had wait and get my puller and it had a hard time

Brad, if there is any oil or grease on that taper, it will not hold I don't care how tight you make it.

I generally clean it with brake cleaner, being careful not to get it on the seal. I use a Q-Tip, help do the inside of the flywheel.

I'd like to hear some current reviews of the Husky 372 kit. I think I read it wasn't up to the "quality" of the 660 kit. I've got the bug to order one of these kits too but I'm leaning on the MS660. Figure I need one big *** saw. My old man has a real Stihl MS361 pro so it would be redundant to build another. The 660 kit is the best bang for the money though.
I ordered one in early September. It arrived without any of the bolts and screws. I let huztl know and I am stihl waiting for them to arrive. I have no idea if they have even been shipped.

The case halves were also corroded. They said it will still work and they are not replacing them. I'm not happy about this.

Back