Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new compression tester I bought off Ebay was a cheap $20.00 kit. The end of the hose looks like just a pressed in check valve? My other gauge is about 35 plus years old Craftsman, probably leaking from old age?? I think I got what i paid for with the $20.00 compression gauge, a pile of ?? May have to return it and buy a decent one?
Tester or valve is incorrect. Even high comp engine can be checked with a proper tester.
If the valve is really "off" and it threads too far into the cylinder, you may be knocking your piston into it.
Comp #s vary but here's a reference from my saws (used... tested em after rebuilds and just for kicks)--
460 stock- 165ish
036 stock - 155ish
036 no base- 160ish
026 stock - 175ish

Always done it, I want to get all I can get I guess. There is a charge of air waiting to go up so it may not matter. Have to try it and see

Always done it, I want to get all I can get I guess. There is a charge of air waiting to go up so it may not matter. Have to try it and see
It did make a big difference in pull starting the saw with the throttle wide open as well. The two gauges I have only varied about 5psi between each other. I watched a video on utube where the guy pulls the rope 5 or 6 times until the reading peeks. On my new compression tester, after I pull the rope more than say 4 times the numbers might go from 125psi back down to say 115psi and never go back up?

Hello to all,

I am building a 660 and I am nearly done, but even with pdf and plan I have some extra parts. Seems that they pack some parts that are already installed on crankcase and fuel tank. Do you face same issue?

General condition of kit was ok, just 1 damage when they drill the bottom right muffler hole and just 2 bolt missing.
I did port a bit the in/out ports and transfer and open the muffler cage (just metal plate in front of exit drilled with 10mm)
I have extra some bolt; fuel line and oil line some other plastic like accelerator
NB : I have been looking for presentation section with no success, if someone tell me if it is needed, if yes where I can find it

Many thanks
Pierre (Belgium)

I am building a 660 and I am nearly done, but even with pdf and plan I have some extra parts. Seems that they pack some parts that are already installed on crankcase and fuel tank. Do you face same issue?
Yes, I completed one build and starting my 2nd MS660. One thing to double check is the fuel line going into the tank. I think these handle assmeblies are used in other model saws and I noticed on mine that the shape of the end of the hose going into the handle is not the same. The fuel line that they send along in the kit is the one that actually should go in there instead.
The top cover does not come with brass inserts, the felling dawgs are missing mounting nuts. One of the short screws goes in the 8 o'clock location by the clutch.

Attachments

• 100_7273.JPG
    100_7273.JPG
    263.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_7247.JPG
    100_7247.JPG
    418 KB · Views: 34
Hello to all,

General condition of kit was ok, just 1 damage when they drill the bottom right muffler hole and just 2 bolt missing.
I did port a bit the in/out ports and transfer and open the muffler cage (just metal plate in front of exit drilled with 10mm)
I have extra some bolt; fuel line and oil line some other plastic like accelerator
NB : I have been looking for presentation section with no success, if someone tell me if it is needed, if yes where I can find it

Many thanks
Pierre (Belgium)
There are many rubber parts that are left over. Most are preassembled on the rear handle assembly.

Here is where I am
cc2c0ef36de3ece51f10975cadaaf3df.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-G361F en utilisant Tapatalk
f1b01fea868df1ba8f43042fca65ac63.jpg

I guess I don't need a clone now, got this today for fixing another 066 and 2 MS460s. Needs a lot of clean up, but it runs nice and is not really in bad shape.

This handle went on the other 066 I fixed, which was very bent. It also need an oil cap. Looking forward to playing with it a bit and seeing how well I can get it to run.

Attachments

• IMG_20170116_134515719 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20170116_134515719 (Large).jpg
    1,023.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20170116_134535438 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20170116_134535438 (Large).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20170116_134543131 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20170116_134543131 (Large).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
Both are on their 3rd or so tank

Saw number two, the "warbler" had some work on the rakers....why its warbling! Might benefit from a gage!....swap bars and do that again, or use the same bar from one saw to the next and thats a good comparison on the same wood (assuming even diameters) same day....:) It would be interesting to see you do that comparison on minimizing differences though....Both got through the wood! I do like running the 56mm versions with my buds stocker though. Thats fun Either way thanks for the video! Much nicer to see & hear them running vs. just reading the theoretical chatter!

I found on my 660 that when I was cutting wood that also was quite dusty i would find dust had made it past the nut on top of the filter. i saw a flange nut that I had purchased to use to tighten the carb flange when doing a pressure test, the nuts with the nylon inserts really were not meant to turn down that far. I used one to tighten down the air filter and the flange nut appears to close the hole off well. they is plenty of thread left to hold the cover on.
you might try it, if you notice that occurring, filter seems to seal better.
http://www.huztl.net/M5-0-8-or-5mm-...p-Lock-Nut-Replace-9216-263-0700-p228462.html
filter.jpg

Question for y'all I'm new to this forum band I gotta say it's great! Finished the build on my former tech 660 yesterday and it fired rite up. It doesn't run well at all.. seems like it's loading up .. won't rev.. then died.. wouldn't restart.. today I held throttle wide open and got it to start with same issues.. any ideas?

Question for y'all I'm new to this forum band I gotta say it's great! Finished the build on my former tech 660 yesterday and it fired rite up. It doesn't run well at all.. seems like it's loading up .. won't rev.. then died.. wouldn't restart.. today I held throttle wide open and got it to start with same issues.. any ideas?
Is the plug wet?

Back