Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gets hot? Does it turn over without the plug in easily? Does it feel like it is binding?
Doesn't seem to be.. I've built a ton of stihl/husky saws in the past but never one of these knock off kits.. parts seem good quality .. I'm going to take the saw apart tomorrow and go Thru it I guess

Good morning to all,

These are the parts I have extra, could someone inform from where these parts are supposed to be? Than I can double check if it's on pre-built crankcase or fuel tank.

Thanks in advance
Pierre

79305add7b7d45d2d5e7665cc49aa5c3.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-G361F en utilisant Tapatalk

Good morning to all,

These are the parts I have extra, could someone inform from where these parts are supposed to be? Than I can double check if it's on pre-built crankcase or fuel tank.

Thanks in advance
Pierre

I had the exact same extras

Go back to slide number 72 and you will see where several of these go. I missed the bushing on the far left and had to disassemble the handle assemble to get that one on. That small oring I believe goes in a small opening before the oil pump gets installed. The hose on the far right is the correct fuel tank hose. The one that comes installed is the wrong one, at least is was on my two saws. The rubber gromet 4th from the left the red and black electrical wires go thru it down to the coil and it fits into the hole on the case.

Good morning to all,

Thanks in advance
Pierre

There are several posts throughout this thread that identify these very parts. Read the thread and we won't have to answer the same question for the 5th or 6th time. I like to be helpful but I prefer to help those who help themselves first.

Yes .. seems like maybe too much fuel? Not sure .. gets hot fast too
That's a first. When a chainsaw gets to hot fast makes me think of an oil problem in the fuel. Or your holding your hand on the muffler. Surely neither are true. You did not put a heater/generator on it right.

That's a first. When a chainsaw gets to hot fast makes me think of an oil problem in the fuel. Or your holding your hand on the muffler. Surely neither are true. You did not put a heater/generator on it right.

I did not have time yesterday to mess with it.. I run the same premix vp in all my saws.. and I have no issues.. it almost sounds like your trying to rev a saw with chain brake on

With the chain brake off, does the chain spin freely by hand? Some of those clutch covers are so out of round that could be holding things back?

We have discussed the drums and did not find but a few and those might have been victims of the ride and thin packing.

We have discussed the drums and did not find but a few and those might have been victims of the ride and thin packing.

Pulled the flywheel and found the woodruff key broken. Replaced it and fired right up and runs like a beast

Attachments

• EFBE5D24-7218-48D4-8E63-6C8EDA6EFED8.jpg
    EFBE5D24-7218-48D4-8E63-6C8EDA6EFED8.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 31
IMG-20170118-WA0012.jpg
the saw runs on logging. On the cutting whips. Over a week of use I bent the top handle (too soft).
also somehow broke the brake handle...
Even ran fuel tank cap.
OEM cap is$ 5, the top handle of$ 25. the brake handle will order farmertec.

View attachment 551918
the saw runs on logging. On the cutting whips. Over a week of use I bent the top handle (too soft).
also somehow broke the brake handle...
Even ran fuel tank cap.
OEM cap is$ 5, the top handle of$ 25. the brake handle will order farmertec.

I think we need a Russian built steel top handle and chain brake..:)

Running perfectly
Just 4pull and it blow u directly
I'll need time tune the card with Tachymeter. But it is really nervous, will need to to test it in real.
Seems that my first porting test is working [emoji1]
I did remove perforated metal plate in muffler also.

04a69c0a0e2219255b0476a55b6dad4f.jpg

7a42e0de53d722005d7a156447195b18.jpg
e8972344d4a9cd0d893252593d102f5d.jpg

Back