I am back, after a seasons absence

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mboln52000

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well, this isnt too much chainsaw related, but, this is the only forum i post in, so i gues its relevant.

I have been away for the summer, as i am only a seasonal user!

This weekend i need to tune up the 036, sharpen it, and cut down a few ash trees for the bbq....Long story there..was on honeymoon, and came home to a dead cow in the pasture, so this weekend i need to make a huge pile of wood there, and "fire her up" as the kids tell me.

I would like to get that ol' 056 running this season, and get some parts and rebuild my 028 and 038.

I will probably be posting some lame questions about them as i rebuild.

Good to see a lot of familiar user names still posting!

Matt

this kinda makes me wonder what happened to some of the posters of the past,that we dont see anymore..i think some changed their names, but i cant keep up with who is who..

jokers said:
Welcome back Matt! I`d been wondering what happened to you.

Russ

Hey there Russ, good to see your still around here!

I dont have near the cutting to do this winter as i did last year. I have a lot of maintenance cutting to do. Lost of trees hanging over the fence lines, and then there are some saplings trying to grow in the fencrow i cleared last winter. I have a couple really big ash trees that are dead (should be good to thow on the dead cow...
;) )

Plus i have a really large white oak tree that i want to cut for timber. Its one i would like to video as i do it, its in such a good spot, plus with its size, i think it would be pretty impressive, and if i fell it right...would even be more impressive!

As for the saws, I have started them up a few times during the summer. The 066 is all ready to go, but the little black rubber plug that fits in the oil pump on my 036 fell out when i started it up a while back.

I need to pull the covers/clutch and see whats going on back there, but i thought that was locked against the crankcase as you bolt the oil pump down, but i dont recall now.

I want to get my foley bench mounted chain grinder going this season too, tired of the hand held electric file, plus i can experiment more with it.

Latest posts

Back