Back off man I am gonna do it!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dyed in the wool huskie guy. Wants what is considered by husky lovers an old design overweight slow behemoth no wonder he don't like Stihl. The 880 would feel too light and fast to him. Must be part of an exercise program to carry a big fat saw for job that a440 or 660 could do or a smart husky owner with a 372 or 390 could do. We are in the presence of brilliance. If this is what vouches for huskie ill definitely stay away from them attract a bad crowd.

Great saw don't make me laugh my uncle's craftsman 3.3 c.i out cut it and it was factory I never touched a thing on that saw except the pull rope.Then I got my 2 huskys and said no more stihls.

You should have stayed stayed with Craftsman. You and Bob Villa could have done a 20 episode series togther - "How to start a crapsman".

Dyed in the wool huskie guy. Wants what is considered by husky lovers an old design overweight slow behemoth no wonder he don't like Stihl. The 880 would feel too light and fast to him. Must be part of an exercise program to carry a big fat saw for job that a440 or 660 could do or a smart husky owner with a 372 or 390 could do. We are in the presence of brilliance. If this is what vouches for huskie ill definitely stay away from them attract a bad crowd.

I would use stihl.....if thet were any good that is.None of those saws will ever have the privliege of being in my line up.It will look something like this
3120 36" bar
575 with 28" bar
51 with 20" bar
338 with 14" inch bar
141 with 14" bar.

Your line up consists of 3 455 ranchers and a wildthing. Don't lie.:biggrinbounce2:

Lets get this topic back on track and talk about how freaking awesome the 441 is and how awesome I am for having one. :hmm3grin2orange:

Your line up consists of 3 455 ranchers and a wildthing. Don't lie.:biggrinbounce2:

Lets get this topic back on track and talk about how freaking awesome the 441 is and how awesome I am for having one. :hmm3grin2orange:

That your dream line up.:newbie:

That your dream line up.:newbie:
Newguy you have to put your hands on a older big stihl then you will appreciate them more! Now for me any Stihl 40cc and under is a wast of money I will give you that. Of course that is all personal I just really don't care for the small home owner Stihls to me they are no better than a Poulan and cost three times as much! But in a bigger saw 50cc to 100 Stihl makes a fine saw wish I owned more of them! But I have to add this what would have happened if Mac was still a American saw maker and improved the technology of there saws to current? Would we have as much debate about saws? Or would everybody admit the Europion design saw's are better! How many of you drive a Mercedes or BMW or Volvo? I am going to make you all think about this one!

Newguy you have to put your hands on a older big stihl then you will appreciate them more! Now for me any Stihl 40cc and under is a wast of money I will give you that. Of course that is all personal I just really don't care for the small home owner Stihls to me they are no better than a Poulan and cost three times as much! But in a bigger saw 50cc to 100 Stihl makes a fine saw wish I owned more of them! But I have to add this what would have happened if Mac was still a American saw maker and improved the technology of there saws to current? Would we have as much debate about saws? Or would everybody admit the Europion design saw's are better! How many of you drive a Mercedes or BMW or Volvo? I am going to make you all think about this one!

true mac made a good saw I think there new ones are part of mtd's company now not sure.I have never drove any of the said cars but probaly will end up fixing one of them.

I would use stihl.....if thet were any good that is.None of those saws will ever have the privliege of being in my line up.It will look something like this
3120 36" bar
575 with 28" bar
51 with 20" bar
338 with 14" inch bar
141 with 14" bar.

Will is the key word there.

My quiver IS: All pretty much always run 3/8 square and cut well.

older 026 16 inch bar
5100 18
371 20-24
7900 24
7900 28
066 28-42
395 28-42

All of these have been great saws, with the hopefully minor exception of my 5100 refusing to not run too lean, and therefor I am not running it until it get's figured out. Current hope is that there is a leak at the carb mount that a new style metal seal will cure. Folks laugh, but that 12+ years old 026 has cut a lot of wood, including milling more boards than it should have lived through. It still starts and run great.

OH I forgot about mac's. Eager beaver me baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Every man needs a eager Beaver! I have two A real one and one made in the early 90s Now if that was only true in in real lfe!:) They alway's watch the saw sitting in the back of the truck and think someday they will be that big mac! I need help :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Will is the key word there.

My quiver IS: All pretty much always run 3/8 square and cut well.

older 026 16 inch bar
5100 18
371 20-24
7900 24
7900 28
066 28-42
395 28-42

All of these have been great saws, with the hopefully minor exception of my 5100 refusing to not run too lean, and therefor I am not running it until it get's figured out. Current hope is that there is a leak at the carb mount that a new style metal seal will cure. Folks laugh, but that 12+ years old 026 has cut a lot of wood, including milling more boards than it should have lived through. It still starts and run great.
Once you use Square you will never want to go back! I like your post. You cut much more wood than I but long ago was told to use square all the time even for my fire wood duty's it is really that much better.Wish they even made 3/8 low profile in square. I am really fussy about a sharp chain it does all the work for you!Now it would be nice to see .325 and 3/8 low pro in square although it would require small files I think it could be done.

Latest posts

Back