I bought a few Husqvarna today ..... and work for a long time

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 444SG start and run, need a bit adjustment on the idle, I am quite happy with that one.

Today have been the day for the 362's and 372's, I didn't pay much attention to them while we carried them out to my car, got a bit surprised today when I saw in what good condition the newest of the 372 are in. I would not be surprised if it still have the original sprocket rim.
All in all I hope to get two runners out of them.

372XPG, 05 model, almost perfect condition (need a chainbrake handle, chain cover):
View attachment 398619

View attachment 398620

View attachment 398621

A not so nice looking 372 (took of the muff and cyl and pist looks good):
View attachment 398623

The best of the 362's (took of the muff and things look to be in okey condition), still it will take quite alot work and effort to fix it:
View attachment 398624

I also got from him 2 part 362, can maybe get a saw out of it.

The 362's and 372's are new to me, what issues do those type saws normally have?
I have a 362xp and don't know of any issues with them. Used it a bit and it seems to work well.

Thanks a.palmer Jr .
The best 372 and 362 should become a runner.

Left with one 372 and 362. Can pretty much all parts be used on either one?
What about the chaincover? What different are between those two?

Not sure on the age. Both my 90 and 92 have the style on the right. I will say you can still buy the style on the right and I have not found the orange Xp sticker.

That's been my mind set since I began looking for the orange style. I believe my saws decals may have been replaced over the years. But the man I bought my 92 from said he purchased the saw new and never used it really which makes me believe they just placed decals on the saws and sent them out the door. I made a thread about the decals and never received any answers. They also had rare raised decals on some of the early top covers.

Thanks a.palmer Jr .
The best 372 and 362 should become a runner.

Left with one 372 and 362. Can pretty much all parts be used on either one?
What about the chaincover? What different are between those two?
A lot of the Husqvarnas that size use the same clutch cover but I've never had a 372 so not sure. Looks like the top cover is different and the 372 air filter is different. Pretty easy to download an IPL for both saws and compare them by part number. As soon as I get a saw I usually try to find an IPL and a shop manual for it so I'll know where I'm at.

That's been my mind set since I began looking for the orange style. I believe my saws decals may have been replaced over the years. But the man I bought my 92 from said he purchased the saw new and never used it really which makes me believe they just placed decals on the saws and sent them out the door. I made a thread about the decals and never received any answers. They also had rare raised decals on some of the early top covers.
I got three 90 models, have three with the orange decal.
All the other had starting house with blue decal, including one from 92.
I can not say anything about a 91 model.
I found the jug changed interesting
Year 93 week 06 - Mahle jug with no decomp valve
Year 93 week 20 - KS jug

Lucky Dog! Really nice haul and a lot of fun to match up parts and make runners out of what some consider scrap.;)
It's going to be a lot of work, and most are like building one puzzle.
Not everything that can be mixed around either, even 254's have small details that are important to remember when you put together a machine, but that said, I really love the concept of the good old Husky 2xx series.
Now I have come so far that it's time for special tools, hoping at least to make a case splitter.

Picture of the day:
254 Combustion chamber, year 87 versius 88.

Attachments

• _DSC1001.jpg
    _DSC1001.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 24
Wasnt any picture for this day, very busy cleaning and sorting, but tommorow is a new day and there will come pictures!

But a question I have:
All those chainsaws, except the 372 year 05 and a couple 254, the rest will be a puzzle. There isn't any of them who is in okey shape.

My question is: would your guys pick the best halfs of the crankcase, or is it just best to stay with the pair?

Here is some picture for the day:
254 topcovers, Left to right, 2 old topcovers, 87-89, then 98, the one to right is unknown.
Anyone who can enlight me with who is who of the two old top cover?
_DSC1074.jpg

_DSC1073.jpg

254 crankcase, 89 model, to old for air injection, but Husky prepared for it!!
Nevertheless, it will get full air injection!
_DSC1016.jpg

Opps, don't use to strong chemicals......
262 crankcase, 93 model:
_DSC1017.jpg

I won this new 262 jug&piston on a ebay action:
_DSC1054.jpg
_DSC1056.jpg

Latest posts

Back