I can hear the sirens now

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewspens

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just took a short walk for my break at work (office). There is a guy doing a takedown just down the road. Wearing spurs, without top straps. Wearing an old linemans belt, without a flipline of any kind. I guess you could say he is free climbing it with traction added to his boots. Using some white Lowes rope to pull it over. Been working on a triple trunked willow? for two days now. The things only about 40 feet high, in a front yard with no fence, on a very low traffic road. If you can't climb it, just toss in a line and pull it into the yard. If you are worried about direction, the local PD will come out and "block" the road for a half hour or so (done it before). Quiet residential street, easy to clear a trunk from the road in a hurry. I don't think he has fallen yet, but I wouldn't put money on him finishing the day wothout bleeding. Just gives me a headache seeing a guy work that way.

Latest posts

Back