I can square grind with my round grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be interested to know if it works with the Tecomec Jolly Star grinder which if I remember correctly is essentially a clone of the Oregon 520-120. (So I'd think it should, but as has been said, manufacturer's tolerances vary so it'll take a test to find out) I've been following the channel Square Cutter on YouTube for awhile now and am interested to try this and will be ordering one as soon as I can

What I do not see on the Vevor is the ability to move the chain vise front to back. I don't know if this needed with the sq jig.
The Vevor and other Chineesium knockoffs do have the 10 degree tilt. I have a Princess Auto Powerfist branded one, same thing but blue.
It definitely works!
16842487188276129104529394942583.jpg

This is one of the .050 demo rigs, but .058 seems to be fitting just fine.

16842489694652617489448183103431.jpg

I'm still learning it, but I'm starting to get results.

The 10 degree tilt or front to back slide will to the same thing. The other thing is the wheel has to line up with the center of the vise.

I personally know a few people who have his jig and I do too but i haven't gotten to testing it but the guys I know who have them do like it and way cheaper then a 2k+ ish symington. Just have to get your stone angles setup and keep up on maintaining them and go

That Square Grinder jig does work in Oregon grinders not sure about the Chinese replica grinders. That's what I have a vevor knock off but haven't been working on much lately to test run it my self

I think I've tried to get one with no luck
They weren't easy to get. I've only heard of very few with them(@Del_ iirc had one). But much like the raker grinder, if you want one and are willing to, work hard, pay the price, and ready to jump when one pops up available, you'll get one.

They weren't easy to get. I've only heard of very few with them(@Del_ iirc had one). But much like the raker grinder, if you want one and are willing to, work hard, pay the price, and ready to jump when one pops up available, you'll get one.

Thanks for the tag. I never did start a thread on the USG Square Grind attachments. Hope to do it soon.

I just read this thread again and got enthused!

I know a couple people who have and it works. I still haven't tested the one I have though. Haven't touched much in way of saw stuff lately been too busy
Hey let me know how it works when you get to it, very interested in how it goes brother!!!

Latest posts

Back