I dont get this

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gab250

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey, my Dad's MS290 and my 032 both start in 4-6 pulls EVERY time, however after my 026 has been sitting for any more than 4 hours, it will take 27 or more pulls to start, then will start first pull after that. I don't know what's going on. 27 pulls seems excessive to me, I can live with it but it's very annoying. I've checked the impulse hose (no cracks) clean air filter, clean fuel filter, and a new spark plug. I am not keen to muck about rebuilding the carburettor unless I can find a spare. What else should I be checking?

Gab

Turn the L screw (carburetor) CW until it lightly seats. Now back it off 3/4 turn CCW. Try to start the saw. Keep backing off CCW 1/8 to 1/4 turn and repeat until it starts properly. Let us know if that helps.

Sometimes it helps to throw it as far as possible, hopefully at something solid to ensure a good bounce, and then try.....Let us know if that works. :rolleyes:

Good Advice, I had an 026 that was a hard starter. That was the problem, the choke butterfly wasn't seated fully in the carb throat. It was kind of a pain to fix, I remember.

The choke flap on an 026 is actually located in the airfilter itself, if its out of alignment for some reason then the saw is very hard to start cold.
Pioneerguy600

Check the fuel tank vent and also the throttle opener for starting, this may be linked to the throttle linkage or be operated by pulling the choke open then closing it - whichever - the choke should be kicked open slightly on a fast idle when trying to start - without this working, saws can be a pig to start.

Spud

I too would be looking at the choke in the air filter to see if it is seating completely.

Sometimes it helps to throw it as far as possible, hopefully at something solid to ensure a good bounce, and then try.....Let us know if that works. :rolleyes:

Iv done that more then once, and it usually works.

Back