I enjoy cutting wood!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut when I can!

Thought I'd cut a good deal when the forestry department extended my wood cutting permit. Went up on the mountain to cut a load of wood and found the main road had been plowed. Thought this was a good deal until I got up there and found all the entrances to the side roads piled with 3 feet of snow. Snagged a little fir that came down next to the main road and figured I'd make my $10 back on that.

Took the 695 for a spin on an Alder snag down at the bottom of the driveway. I've still got a hankerin' to gnaw at something with a saw.

but, i cut at the least 10 cords a year and sell it , i trade a buddy farmer of mine wood for beef each year 4 cords per half beef i really like it too it has been so cold and nasty this winter i am behind on my cutting :chainsaw:

That's a great deal , my MS361's can turn cutting into cash so I can buy beef , chicken , gas , ....

:cheers:

I'm with you man... I love my trusty little 260 and it's one saw that I know will get passed along to my son one day. I enjoy cutting just like you and I don't care if a 70cc saw could do the job quicker. I'm out there having fun with a saw I trust and enjoy. You can't hardly beat that!

On another note, I was talking to my dealer the other day and he said Stihl was going to +1 the older saws as they got the strato treatment. It's going to be strange seeing a 261 on the shelf!

-Mel

Latest posts

Back