I feel violated

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buildmyown

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong section and if a mod wants to move it please feel free. I am posting this here because this is where most of my posts are and its somewhat firewood related.

Kinda a long read

This afternoon was interesting. Get home from work around 4, at 5 I can hear a truck ideling think nothing of it just the neighbor doing something with his dump or bucket truck. This goes on for about an hour. Now I can hear a truck stuck in the woods out behind my property thinking he is just stuck pulling firewood out I decide to take a walk. What I come apon is real interesting now its dark all I have is a mag light. There were 3 kids 16-18 years old in a Jeep Wrangler trying to pull one of these old trucks out. He has some old farm trucks and equipment on his property. They had cut one of the old trucks in half with a cordless sawzall. I think my neighbor said it was a 1938 Ford truck or something along the lines of that not much left to it but it does have a flat head straight 8 in it. Anyways back to the events. I confronted these 3 kids and asked what they were doing. They said they had premision to be doing what they were doing. Right away I could tell they were bulls*#@*ing me. I asked who gave them permission and couldnt get a straight answer out of them. I tried calling my neighbor but could not get in touch with him. So I made them cut the rope they had on it and told them to screw but I did take the plate down. My neighbor finally called me back and I told him what was up. He called the cops and when the cops showed up they asked why I didnt call right away. My answer not my land and I didnt want to start trouble incase someone had given them permission. The cops answer "thats fair enough but next time call right away and let us sort it out" in hind sight that is what I should have done but i was alone in the woods, granted im a big guy at 6'4" 260lbs. but still 3 on one could be a challenge and who nows kids these days knives guns whatever. I gave the cop all the info I had plate number, description of the Jeep and the 3 teens along with the damage I saw. He said it was key that I got the plate and at least the owner if the Jeep will be picked up by latter tonight.

Not only will they be charged with trespassing,destruction of private property,vandalism but my neighbor is a certified arborist. What does that mean you are thinking? Well every sapling they ran over getting in there has a dollar value from the Pines to the Maples to the Oaks we estimated that at least 100 saplings were pushed over and this is a managed wood lot for firewood and timber. We walked back there again just a bit ago with some big flood lights they tore the #### out of the place and he said some other stuff was missing what i dont really know.

Now to the violated part I have lived in this same spot my whole life nice and secluded area myself I have 2 acres one neighbor to the left 18 acres to the other 33 acres. This is the first time I have felt that I need to put #### on lock down. Lucky my Monte Carlo summer car went into storage already and my one car garage is open. So a bunch of stuff got moved in there tonight and everything that couldnt got locked up tight. I hate this ####.

So whats the moral of the story keep an eye on your neighbors property cause you never know when it might be yours.

The cop was right. Call them first. Thats their job. Besides wouldnt it be fun to watch the cops chasin those kids. Im curious to see how they knew the trucks were there. :)

That situation really sucks, but at least they didn't get away with much.

The real bull#### part of the whole story is......the cops aren't gonna do a damn thing. I'd be shocked if the lazy J Os even call the owner of the Jeep on the phone. If you honestly believe they will lift a finger to catch those punks..... I'd say you haven't had any real dealings with cops in the past fifteen or twenty years.

It stinks that you now have to chain down everything you own...... but better now than AFTER they steal a couple grand worth of your stuff.

So whats the moral of the story keep an eye on your neighbors property cause you never know when it might be yours.

The moral of the story is to always investigate anything "fishy" while armed, preferably concealed.

Depending on the laws in your state of course ;)

I am the same deal - Live on a dirt road which dead ends at my farm. One other farm down the road, and that is it.

If there is a vehicle coming down past the neighbor's farm, I am interested in what they are doing. No reason for them to even be there, and my coonhound lets me know as well.

Keep us updated on the status of the capture & prosecution of these lowlifes.

The real bull#### part of the whole story is......the cops aren't gonna do a damn thing. I'd be shocked if the lazy J Os even call the owner of the Jeep on the phone. If you honestly believe they will lift a finger to catch those punks..... I'd say you haven't had any real dealings with cops in the past fifteen or twenty years.

It stinks that you now have to chain down everything you own...... but better now than AFTER they steal a couple grand worth of your stuff.

Im not sure about that. I know the cops where I live and work too love chasin down bad guys and idiots too. Its their job! :)

Just goes to show it pays to get along with your neighbors.

Some of my neighbors are very concerned about crime and spend money on burglar alarms, fences, gates, locks, etc., but don't make any attempt to get to know me and cultivate a friendly relationship.

I wanted to call the popo right away but I was thinking I know at least 2 of these punks are going to bolt granted the Jeep would have been left behind. Now I could have got ahold of one but my luck the parents would turn around and sue me for touching thier kid with the way the world is today. We were at the back edge of a heavy wooded 2 acre lot if it were closer to the road then maybe.

I also know most of the popo in town and i know they like this type of stuff. Plus my neighbor is origianlly from Ma but spent 25 years in TN he is now back taking care of his parents. He will make sure they fowllow up on this or he will deal with it himself hes a good ol boy.

My Class A LTC is on my list of things to do but MA is pretty messed up when it comes to that kind of stuff.

As for knowing how the trucks were there. There are a bunch of old trails and paths that were and still are used fro atv, snowmobiles and dirtbikes that run all 3 properties so im uire it was just kids being kids exploring is how they discovered they were there. They crossed line tho cutting it up and trying to remove it.

Oh yeah I see you are a Mass..le (j/k) worked in Bedford, but lived in NH.

Lived in Maine for 8 years. Was nice, just walk into the sheriff's office and ask for a permit. 2 weeks later - TaDa!

When I lived in NH it wasn't a biggie either. Now in MN I had to do a one day class, punch some holes in paper, but it was easy enough, now good for 30 states, and no waiting period :) When MN went to a new CCW system, every naysayer was touting that it was going to be the "old west" and people were going to get shot in churches and schools and all that crap. What it actually did is make the bad dudes think twice about jumping some little old lady in the park, 'cause granny could be packing heat!

I refused to live in MA even though I worked there. still had to pay their state income taxes though (gonna get you somehow). Not that Teddy is gone, I wonder if things will slowly change there? With the academic entrenchment in Boston though, I doubt it.

Gotta say NH was the bees knees: no real gun restrictions, minimal government, and could own switchblades. Hard to believe that there was the land of the free so close to regulation central.

Sadly the country is in a downhill spiral, kids pull #### like that for a couple of reason, 1 junkies will chop up anything metal so they can scrap it to get a fix, 2 there are morons out there that just plain enjoy destroying other peoples stuff, and 3 they have no remorse or morals in general because many parents can't be bothered to watch their own kids any more.

It's a terrible feeling that you'll have now, always wondering if your stuff is ok, and who maybe milling around in the woods on your property. The police are truly of little assistance as the measure response time in minutes and it would take seconds for the kids to bail. with over crowded prisons and scumbag lawyers defending them, they'd probably only get community service anyway.

Im sorry you had to experience what happened, and hope you never see it again.

Lock your stuff up, stay vigilant and stay armed, most of all be safe.

Not that Teddy is gone, I wonder if things will slowly change there?

Oh, you're a regular comedian.

One of the guys running for Teddy's seat in the primary is running commercials that's he's for gun control, assault weapon bans, and ending capital punishment (mind you...all in the same commercial).

Same dolt said he wanted to reinstate the draft to "ensure everyone sacrifices" then two hours later when he realized he stepped in deep do-do said he misunderstood the question.

Two of the others got into some bizarre round-robin about abortion and nationalizing healthcare and who really supported which more.

God I wish somehow the Republicans had a strong candidate for that state...they did have a R as governor for something like 16 years. He might be more liberal then other Republicans, but dangit it would be fun to see the Democrats go apoplectic over losing Ted's seat to a Republican.

It's a terrible feeling that you'll have now, always wondering if your stuff is ok, and who maybe milling around in the woods on your property.

Ones I hate is when the Gypsies are around selling frozen beef casing houses. Makes me wish I had a .45 in a shoulder holster handy to throw on before answering the door.

Yeah, when I started cutting in my woodlot on the backside of my property, people were calling the neighbor up on that side to tell him someone was cutting wood. He had to answer, "Yeah, the guy who owns it."

Last edited:
sorry to hear about your 'episode' there.... I myself live on a private lane with just me and my neighbor on it (houses are somewhat close), well, about 2yrs ago we were out of town (get along good with the neighbor so we watch each others houses when out of town)... well, I got a phone call the 2nd night from the neighbor saying that he had to take care of a little 'problem'.... he told me that he was doing one of his nightly checks of our properties and found a couple punks hanging out at the edge of my woodline.. one with a bolt cutter, the other with a crowbar...... he seen them before they noticed him and the fact that he regularly carries a .45 (has a CCP) well, needless to say, he 'took care' of the problem.. haha said one of the kids literally pi$$ed himself and started crying :hmm3grin2orange: ..... it's ALWAYS a good thing to get along well with the neighbors lol

depending on the law there

coon hunting is only closed for deer gun season..take your hound on a leash with a single shot .22(for legal purposes) and a nice concealed .45. usually the dogs stay quiet on leash..sh*t hits the fan..stupid kids will shoot at the dog as he is running his azz in the opposite direction away from the light cuz their scared of dogs more than people..single shot for the closest.. .45 for the other 2 or truck when they are driving away..(tell the popo they tried to run you over..vehicular manslaughter in an instant) if the parents don't want to teach their children..someone has to. I am 33 and was raised by a belt..sometimes it takes a rude awakening to straighten up the path

If you think the police are the ones that won't do a damn thing, you've never had any experience with a judge. The cops can slap on the cuffs, but only the judge can let them off with a slap on the hand.

Around here, the cops will indeed track them down. One example:

A minimart owner saw some kids buying a couple dozen eggs on a Friday night, so he took down the license plate number and called it into the police station. The police waited for calls of "eggings" in the area and eventually tracked down the owner of the vehicle and the kids.

God I wish somehow the Republicans had a strong candidate for that state...they did have a R as governor for something like 16 years. He might be more liberal then other Republicans, but dangit it would be fun to see the Democrats go apoplectic over losing Ted's seat to a Republican.

Yeah or you could be in Maine where we have entrenched Rinos. Great representation Snowe & Collins...

Didn't matter what the whole rest of the state wanted, because Portland (aka Boston North) controlled the damn voting. Same here in MN: Twin Cities controls everything, so the rest of the state gets hosed.

All you can do is fight the fight. At some point the taxes will be high enough to revolt. It is apparent though MA seems pretty tolerant to crappy taxes and fees and restrictions though.

Here in Ohio you can carry concealed on your own property w/o a permit.
As for shooting the jeep & claiming they tried to run you over, That falls in the same category as ( if you shoot someone outside pull them in & put a knife in their hand). If you do this the investigaters will find the truth & your whole story is discredited. Then you will be the criminal.

The moral of the story is to always investigate anything "fishy" while armed, preferably concealed.

Depending on the laws in your state of course ;)

I am the same deal - Live on a dirt road which dead ends at my farm. One other farm down the road, and that is it.

If there is a vehicle coming down past the neighbor's farm, I am interested in what they are doing. No reason for them to even be there, and my coonhound lets me know as well.

Keep us updated on the status of the capture & prosecution of these lowlifes.

It's sad but true. I lived out in the country for 30 years and never had to lock up anything because the neighbor was farming full time and he would keep an eye on our place. He moved out and the new people move in.. Three weeks later my trailer was gone. The new people thought my son came up and took it. I now keep a trail cam set up on the driveway and looking in to a cam set up to my pc... Times have changed. Years ago I never locked our doors or the garage, I was worried about someone taking a little pig or two. Now they'll clean out your garage, your house and take the boat to haul your stuff in. Pays to have good neighbors. You did the right thing..

Some of my neighbors are very concerned about crime and spend money on burglar alarms, fences, gates, locks, etc., but don't make any attempt to get to know me and cultivate a friendly relationship.

sorry to hear about your 'episode' there.... I myself live on a private lane with just me and my neighbor on it (houses are somewhat close), well, about 2yrs ago we were out of town (get along good with the neighbor so we watch each others houses when out of town)... well, I got a phone call the 2nd night from the neighbor saying that he had to take care of a little 'problem'.... he told me that he was doing one of his nightly checks of our properties and found a couple punks hanging out at the edge of my woodline.. one with a bolt cutter, the other with a crowbar...... he seen them before they noticed him and the fact that he regularly carries a .45 (has a CCP) well, needless to say, he 'took care' of the problem.. haha said one of the kids literally pi$$ed himself and started crying :hmm3grin2orange: ..... it's ALWAYS a good thing to get along well with the neighbors lol
always take care of your neighbors, they are just second to family. they don't have to be friends, just mutual cohabitation and protecting of one anthers interest. I live in town :cry: and there is a lot of new people that don't come from a "freindly" place, however I am very lucky to have several older established neighbors with whom I get along quite well.

I don't want anyone familiar enough to just walk in without knocking but I try to be approachable and helpful when I see a need.

Latest posts

Back