I feel violated

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!

If more people took this kind of approach to the problem, people would stop trying to steal and vandalize, they do it because they get away with it, as the country in general has become too soft.
The police who are supposed to protect and serve, show up after the fact, and even if they make an arrest the scum gets off in court.
I believe in proper vigilance and taking care of our own, if our government isn't working its time to stand on our own.

you should move up here and be my neighbor.

I had an episode a few months ago. I live out in the country with no neighbors close by. I awoke in the wee hours of the morning to the sound of hushed voices right outside the bedroom window. I looked out and saw a vehicle down in the driveway that leads back to my barn. After properly arming myself, I snuck out the back door and worked my way around the house to where I had heard the voices. All hell broke loose as they either heard or saw me, although I didn't have my mag light turned on. Several people took off running through the yard, running toward the parked vehicle. I could hear low hanging branches snapping as they ran blindly through the dark. I unleashed a barrage that would have made Audy Murphy proud. I wasn't trying to hit them but just shooting into the ground. They dived into the car (which was backed in for a quick getaway). They took off like a bat out of hell, not even waiting for one unlucky ba$turd to get in the car, he was running down the road after the car. After they got over the knoll, out of my line of sight, I heard them stop to pick up their friend. By then I had inserted by second high capacity magazine and capped of a few more for good measure.

I found a multi pack of toilet paper near where the car was parked. Apparently it was just a failed attempt to toilet paper my house. I imagine they could have used some of that toilet paper to clean out their pants after it was over.

The good news is that, according to my teenage daughter, I now have quite a reputation around the school as one crazy S.O.B. As a homeowner and father of a teenage daughter, thats the kind of rep I don't mind having. Who knows, it may even be warranted.

I wish you lived next to me. I'd be bringing you a big smoked turkey and a bottle of some good sipping stuff. Nice to have people like you around.

Well it turns out they didnt get busted per say. The cops did find them all, one lives in the new development that boarders his land and the other are from a few towns over. The cops and my neighbor had a sit down with the 3 kids parents and the cops. As I suspected the parents didnt really care about what went down. My neighbor isnt going to persue the issue more or less this is their first and only get out of jail free card. According to the Police none of these kids have as much as a speeding ticket. So it does look like it was just a case of kids being dumb and thinking that it didnt belong to anyone and it was up for grabs. They had no idea what stone walls mean.

Is this how I would have delt with it i cant really say. The truck did have some value but not much. Is it really worth marking these kids for life with a record of theft and trespassing.

I know that if I pulled this as a kid i wouldnt be able to sit down for a month or i would being playing slave to the land owner as repayment. I dont think these kids are really going to get in any trouble from their parents from this and that is what is really wrong with the youth of today.

I would love to have a neighbor that fired full clips when bad juju happens, I had the opportunity to address some punks that knocked my mail box into the middle of my road, and then pulled into my neighbors driveway to crash a bonfire party that they were having, I grabbed my splitting maul for self defense as it was the closest thing to me, and proceeded to make the matter KNOWN to ALL neighbors within a quarter mile, and wound up calling the cops, and describing the car so well that before the responding officer could make it to my house, he had pulled the car over and had the girl that did it in custody, turns out her dad was a Seattle police officer, and she had only had her drivers license for three days, when they came out the next day to replace my mailbox, I made her meet my wife and then two year old daughter and let her hear how her actions the night before had affected my wife, and her dad and I reminded her that had someone gotten into an accident while avoiding my mailbox, it would have been her fault, and someone (worst case scenario) could have died and that she would have then been charged with negligent homicide, boy did her eyes get wide at that...

all that said, way to be a good neighbor, and at least the boys now know that they are on the radar so to speak and that may (fingers crossed) keep them from doing stupid stuff again

Some talk over drinks last night reminded us about Rudi Giuliani's "broken window" approach to crime in New York City. Along with the NYPD, the so-called harmless crimes such as graffiti, vandalism, and abandonded building crack use was prosecuted by cops and the city. Turned out to finally drop the high serious crime rate in NYC after years of increase and fear.
So the mailbox and street sign smash-ups may not be so "harmless". Enhanced 911 calls to fire and police depend on ID of a location- particularly in our rural parts.
Capital punishment for vandals ? :cheers: Or, perhaps a finger or two ? :chainsaw: Stoning ?
JMNSHO

Well it turns out they didnt get busted per say. The cops did find them all, one lives in the new development that boarders his land and the other are from a few towns over. The cops and my neighbor had a sit down with the 3 kids parents and the cops. As I suspected the parents didnt really care about what went down. My neighbor isnt going to persue the issue more or less this is their first and only get out of jail free card. According to the Police none of these kids have as much as a speeding ticket. So it does look like it was just a case of kids being dumb and thinking that it didnt belong to anyone and it was up for grabs. They had no idea what stone walls mean.

Is this how I would have delt with it i cant really say. The truck did have some value but not much. Is it really worth marking these kids for life with a record of theft and trespassing.

I know that if I pulled this as a kid i wouldnt be able to sit down for a month or i would being playing slave to the land owner as repayment. I dont think these kids are really going to get in any trouble from their parents from this and that is what is really wrong with the youth of today.

I dont think these kids are really going to get in any trouble from their parents from this and that is what is really wrong with most parents today

I fixed it for ya.:cheers:

I had an episode a few months ago. I live out in the country with no neighbors close by. I awoke in the wee hours of the morning to the sound of hushed voices right outside the bedroom window. I looked out and saw a vehicle down in the driveway that leads back to my barn. After properly arming myself, I snuck out the back door and worked my way around the house to where I had heard the voices. All hell broke loose as they either heard or saw me, although I didn't have my mag light turned on. Several people took off running through the yard, running toward the parked vehicle. I could hear low hanging branches snapping as they ran blindly through the dark. I unleashed a barrage that would have made Audy Murphy proud. I wasn't trying to hit them but just shooting into the ground. They dived into the car (which was backed in for a quick getaway). They took off like a bat out of hell, not even waiting for one unlucky ba$turd to get in the car, he was running down the road after the car. After they got over the knoll, out of my line of sight, I heard them stop to pick up their friend. By then I had inserted by second high capacity magazine and capped of a few more for good measure.

I found a multi pack of toilet paper near where the car was parked. Apparently it was just a failed attempt to toilet paper my house. I imagine they could have used some of that toilet paper to clean out their pants after it was over.

The good news is that, according to my teenage daughter, I now have quite a reputation around the school as one crazy S.O.B. As a homeowner and father of a teenage daughter, thats the kind of rep I don't mind having. Who knows, it may even be warranted.

Sounds vagley familiar. Several years ago we came home about 11:00 one Friday night to find some coon hunters had a coon treed about 200 feet from the back of our house. They decided to shoot it out of the tree with a .22, shooting over our house. I hollared at them and they responded with some explisitives and that they could shoot anywhere they wanted. I stepped back in and got the shotgun. Everytime they would shoot, so would I... up in the air raining buckshot down on them. After getting 8 rounds of buckshot rained on them, they hollered something about you crazy SOB and ran out of the woods. Never been back. Our daughter started middle school this year and came home after the first week and said that some of the kids had asked her if her dad was the crazy man that lived in the edge of the woods that shoots at people in the middle of the night. Sometimes that kind of reputation ain't so bad. Some of the guys that were "hunting" that night so many years ago now offer to keep an eye on our place when we go out of town. Never had anything messed with since.

Sounds vagley familiar. Several years ago we came home about 11:00 one Friday night to find some coon hunters had a coon treed about 200 feet from the back of our house. They decided to shoot it out of the tree with a .22, shooting over our house. I hollared at them and they responded with some explisitives and that they could shoot anywhere they wanted. I stepped back in and got the shotgun. Everytime they would shoot, so would I... up in the air raining buckshot down on them. After getting 8 rounds of buckshot rained on them, they hollered something about you crazy SOB and ran out of the woods. Never been back. Our daughter started middle school this year and came home after the first week and said that some of the kids had asked her if her dad was the crazy man that lived in the edge of the woods that shoots at people in the middle of the night. Sometimes that kind of reputation ain't so bad. Some of the guys that were "hunting" that night so many years ago now offer to keep an eye on our place when we go out of town. Never had anything messed with since.

That's funny stuff. :cheers:

I have a brother-in-law who had no interest in guns/hunting/target shooting. He and my sister just had a daughter last year, and now he wants me to show him how to shoot. :)

I'll relay a situation that happened here that may help some of you out there.

We had a 17 year old that was terrorizing our rural neighborhood. People knew he was the responsible party but by being a minor and lying about everything he aways got away with it. Cops new it too but they "had to witness" the petty crimes to do anything. He escalated into stealing and that's when this took place.

He broke into a friends barn and was stealing tools, loading them in his own truck. The kid bought the truck with funds from stealing stuff and it was a 4x4 with all the bling magazine crap on it. Kid ran into the woods when farmer went out and he called the cops.

Cops went to the kids house and he said he was home all night and someone must have stolen his truck since he left his keys in it. Cops came to "recover" the truck with the kid and the kid had a smirky smile on his face. That is till he opened the truck door. Seems the "same" people that stole his nice truck also had spilled 2 bottles of fox urine on all the interior cloth. Kid asked the cops what they were going to do about this and cop replied they will try to find them(all the while a smirky smile on their faces)

It always amazes me how criminals want the cops to protect them or save them when they get over their head.

On a side note, the kid didn't change and after he turned 18 he came up missing. The cops spent a lot of time looking into that one too ;)

funny how that works.

We had a 17 year old that was terrorizing our rural neighborhood. People knew he was the responsible party but by being a minor and lying about everything he aways got away with it. Cops new it too but they "had to witness" the petty crimes to do anything. He escalated into stealing and that's when this took place.

He broke into a friends barn and was stealing tools, loading them in his own truck. The kid bought the truck with funds from stealing stuff and it was a 4x4 with all the bling magazine crap on it. Kid ran into the woods when farmer went out and he called the cops.

Cops went to the kids house and he said he was home all night and someone must have stolen his truck since he left his keys in it. Cops came to "recover" the truck with the kid and the kid had a smirky smile on his face. That is till he opened the truck door. Seems the "same" people that stole his nice truck also had spilled 2 bottles of fox urine on all the interior cloth. Kid asked the cops what they were going to do about this and cop replied they will try to find them(all the while a smirky smile on their faces)

It always amazes me how criminals want the cops to protect them or save them when they get over their head.

On a side note, the kid didn't change and after he turned 18 he came up missing. The cops spent a lot of time looking into that one too ;)

someone in the area that is a known jerkoff and known trouble maker,they need a witness.

you do something trivial,then all of a sudden,some dirtbags hearsay is good enough.

That is priceless!

Latest posts

Back