I fell into one!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcappe

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My wifes uncle called almost a year ago and said he had some trees that blew over in his timber wondering if I wanted them. If I did he would pull them out. I told him I'd take it and let me know when he does it and i'll help. Talking to him the other day he had them pulled up and had some in 8' logs, some bucked up and some cut and split!!! I went down Saturday and pulled up to the piles. Come to find out it's Oak, Hickory and Walnut. I'm not sure how much is there yet but I'll get it bucked up and stacked shortly. I hardly put a dent in the piles with one load (logs on trailer and one split stuff in pickup box) I'll be making probably another 3 or 4 trips. I felt kind of bad I didn't help but he never called and he said he enjoys doing it he just doesn't want the wood. Here are the pics.

Here are some of the logs
04111452a.jpg

Some of the split stuff
04111452b.jpg

We were able to load some by hand but had to use the tractor most of the time
04111451.jpg

04111450.jpg

Made it home with the first load
04111620.jpg

And of course my favorite helper, he was enjoying the nice day as much as Dad
04111452.jpg

Last edited:
Yep that's ready for my wood stove if you have any extra. lol

Man my wife has been bugging me for one of those thin cheesy firepits they sell.
And noticed that truck rim of yours, that would be perfect. I'm gonna check into getting one this week.
TreeGuy.jpg

Yep that's ready for my wood stove if you have any extra. lol

Man my wife has been bugging me for one of those thin cheesy firepits they sell.
And noticed that truck rim of yours, that would be perfect. I'm gonna check into getting one this week.
TreeGuy.jpg

Cruise down to the local tractor dealer / shop and see if they have any combine rims. They get small cracks in them over time and are replaced. The old ones are scrap at that point. You could get real fancy and plasms cut some critters or shapes in the side of it..:)

Cruise down to the local tractor dealer / shop and see if they have any combine rims. They get small cracks in them over time and are replaced. The old ones are scrap at that point. You could get real fancy and plasms cut some critters or shapes in the side of it..:)
Yeah simple little stars and moons. She's a little hippie like that.
garfieldhangover.jpg

Looking at the first couple of pics I thought he grabbed every tree in the county.

:) The timber and river are off the the NW. LOL. The rest is crop field.

You are right about the combine rim. That's what most do around here, they make a perfect fire ring

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back