I Gave my Jonsered 930 Super a workout today (and Dad was there with a camera!)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taplinhill

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I cut down a big old dead Vermont Sugar Maple today (along with some others). This thing had 3 strands of an old barbed wire fence through it and a lot of healed up tap holes from years sugaring. I'm no logger, just glad the tree went in the general direction I wanted it to. I hate cutting big trees, but having it on the ground settled my nerves. I might get the Partner P100 out tomorrow for some bucking.

Pic 01: Starting the cut
Pic 02: My ugly hinge
Pic 03: Timberrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
Pic 04: Happy that it's over
Pic 05: Jonsered 930 Super with 28" Tsumura

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
did that big ole notch leave you any room for a wedge on the falling cut ,or was it weighted to go that way no matter what ??always good to have em on the ground safely cheers jk

I didn't use a wedge. I cheated and had a chain up high with a come-a-long hitched to it. It was a little windy today, and if this thing had gone over the other way it would have been across the road with the power line under it.

Hey Eric-

Looks real good. The 930 is one of Jonsereds' best for sure and it looks like you gave it fine workout. We need to get you some bigger dawgs though.

Bigger dawgs, how about any dawgs! When I got this saw it had been a homeowners firewood saw with an 18" bar on it.

Looks like you had a good time. Nice clean saw too.

Thanks!

Nice saw and thanks for the pics !

Not a problem!

LOL Eric...good job...nice looking 930...gotta say those 9XX series saw are powerful...PB brought down a 910EV and I really loved that saw..man that didn't slow down for nothing...we were bucking 18-20" hard maple and it couldn't be stopped!!! I am always on the lookout but there are not many up this way...

LOL Eric...good job...nice looking 930...gotta say those 9XX series saw are powerful...PB brought down a 910EV and I really loved that saw..man that didn't slow down for nothing...we were bucking 18-20" hard maple and it couldn't be stopped!!! I am always on the lookout but there are not many up this way...

This is the first time I've used a 930 on something big enough to test it. And I have to say, I'm impressed with this saw! This tree was about 30" across at the butt, so the full 28" was being used at times and this thing just kept pulling. I was suprised to find this saw locally, as 630/670's were king around here and the 8xx and 9xx saws are few and far between.

Very nice looking saw you got there. Tree on the ground safe and no one hurt is a good day.

This is the first time I've used a 930 on something big enough to test it. And I have to say, I'm impressed with this saw! This tree was about 30" across at the butt, so the full 28" was being used at times and this thing just kept pulling. I was suprised to find this saw locally, as 630/670's were king around here and the 8xx and 9xx saws are few and far between.

Well we most usually use the right sized Jonsereds for the job and in the New England area a 670 sized saw will take care of most work......but that doesn't mean a 9XX series won't fit the bill..

Thank's for the pic's I like cutting big wood when everything goes wright but i don't like working it up we busted a whith oak up saturday that was prouly 30in well until it came a monsoon on us.

Mike

Nice saw, and way to get the tree on the ground safely! I always love cutting with my old man, since he's the one that gave me my first saw. Any time spent with family is time well spent! Quality cutting time with a great old Jonsered rep coming your way...

Edit: need to spread it around some i guess...

Great project and thanks for sharing the pics. Nothing quite like a 930 Super for the big stuff.

Cool that you had a little day-after Father's Day project to share with your dad too. I did some saw time stuff with my dad on Saturday. Never gave the camera a thought, but it was the 326P5X pole saw that got most of the trigger time.

Good job man! Felling a big tree is a rush! I remember i fell a oak about that size with a cs 370 echo with 16" bar. Dropped right where i aimed. I used to have some pics of it but they were on my old computer that walked off one day:laugh:

Latest posts

Back