I got my Husky 346XP today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clayman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I spent more for it then I thought I would spend on a new saw, and it's likely more saw than I really need, but the deed is done.

By the way, the 346XP with an 18" bar and chain weighs 13.334 lbs.

The guy in the shop fueled it up, put in bar oil, started it up, and let it run a bit before they gave it to me.

I really thought hard about buying it on line to avoid the sales tax, but I thought if I have trouble, one time, during the warranty period, buying it local will have paid off.

Tomorrow, after I read the manual, I may go out and cut down a tree. :)

Thanks for all the helpful advice,

Clay

You bought the best in it's class. If you've never put a tree down before be careful and plan ahead for a route to get out of the way.

You bought the best in it's class. If you've never put a tree down before be careful and plan ahead for a route to get out of the way.

Yeah, I hope it does as good as I think it will. I'll post my opinion after I work with it a while, and thanks for the warning about falling a tree. I have cut down more than a few in my life, but it never hurts to hear "be careful" again.

I did go look at the Stihl models again. I even saw a good deal on a MS361, but after I looked at them all I thought if I were going to buy a Stihl It would likely be the 260 PRO model. I liked that saw, but not as good as i Liked the 346XP

Yeah, I hope it does as good as I think it will. I'll post my opinion after I work with it a while, and thanks for the warning about falling a tree. I have cut down more than a few in my life, but it never hurts to hear "be careful" again.

I did go look at the Stihl models again. I even saw a good deal on a MS361, but after I looked at them all I thought if I were going to buy a Stihl It would likely be the 260 PRO model. I liked that saw, but not as good as i Liked the 346XP
Now ya done got me jealous I hear those are screamers good luck
to ya and happy cuttin!

You chose a great saw, I hope you come back later and tell us how you like it. :chainsaw: :greenchainsaw: :clap:

I spent more for it then I thought I would spend on a new saw, and it's likely more saw than I really need, but the deed is done.

By the way, the 346XP with an 18" bar and chain weighs 13.334 lbs.

The guy in the shop fueled it up, put in bar oil, started it up, and let it run a bit before they gave it to me.

I really thought hard about buying it on line to avoid the sales tax, but I thought if I have trouble, one time, during the warranty period, buying it local will have paid off.

Tomorrow, after I read the manual, I may go out and cut down a tree. :)

Thanks for all the helpful advice,

Clay

Congrats, you did it right!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Congratulations!

You're going to love that saw . . be sure to wear PPE as well. Post some photos if you get a chance.

Al :cheers:

Buck - have you opened up the Non EPA muffler? If so what did you do?
Thanks - -Al :cheers:
Here ya go.

346xpmuff.jpg

Now that looks like it means business! Did you do any timed cuts before and after?

Al :cheers:
I ran it before but didnt time it. The only times are after i got the 5100 but the 346 was already opened up. The 346 outcuts it more than i thought it would. Same chain same bar. I do intend on opening the 5100 muffler just to make it fare but it'd better change the 5100 a lot.

Latest posts

Back