I got myself a Dolmar 420

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you find one for this price? The cheapest I see is $309.

Sorry for the confusion, found it new at a flea market, never had gas in it. I took it to a Dolmar dealer and he dated it from that day for the warranty. Not that I needed the warranty, I did a muffler mod, it runs real strong.

Anyone that has actually ever held and cut with a 420 would not say they have no purpose....

Talk is cheap!

gg

Hopeing it will be here tomorrow.....can't hardly stand the wait. If it doesn't get here soon I'll have to go to one of the big box stores and buy one of those cheezy plastic orange saws just to hold me over till it does.....LOL:hmm3grin2orange:

While on the subject of intrusion into threads and having non-constructive things to say...
Right back at cha, cuz.

Ran my local dealer's own personal 420 today. it was RIPPING with 3/8lp, can only imagine what .325 would be like. He is going to set it up that way so I guess I'll have chance to try it. Someone else said it- if you cant find a use for this saw then the problem is you. What a great saw, you'll love it!

Hopeing it will be here tomorrow.....can't hardly stand the wait. If it doesn't get here soon I'll have to go to one of the big box stores and buy one of those cheezy plastic orange saws just to hold me over till it does.....LOL:hmm3grin2orange:

Saw? Do I need to go smash some knee caps?

Thanks Tsunami......learned something today.:cheers:

sawtroll take note, instructive post from Tsunami....not a negative word spoken.:smile2:

When the truth is negative (comepared to what some want it to be) it is hard to avoid using words that can be seen as negative.....

... what is negative also depends on the perspective of the reader! :biggrinbounce2:

Last edited:
PS420s cut and handle awesome, no matter what the book says for weight. They balance nice too. I always liked mine, even with the lo-pro chain (if I kept it longer I would have upgraded to .325). If anyone is considering one new, work a .325 setup into the deal. Dealers don't seem to be a problem in Canada either-I have two in my hometown.

Sawtroll might have a point though...I ended up selling mine because I have a mint 026 that I prefer, so the 420 wasn't getting used.

Awesome compared to what - that is very important to state when you make a statement like that! ;)

When the truth is negative (comepared to what some want it to be) it is hard to avoid using words that can be seen as negative.....

... what is negative also depends on the perspective of the reader! :biggrinbounce2:

"when the truth is negative"....That is from the writer not the reader. What is negative to you may not be negative to another but you explain it as negative when you write it......Some like skinny women some like them with a little meat on their bones. Some like orange saws some like red or green or yellow. Some like lite plastic saws some well built heavier saws. Some like 300 dollar pro built substancial saws, some preffer 500 doller saws that are 1/2 lb liter.

The negativity starts with the writer not the facts. Facts are just facts percieved as they are presented.....:cheers:

"when the truth is negative"....That is from the writer not the reader. What is negative to you may not be negative to another but you explain it as negative when you write it......Some like skinny women some like them with a little meat on their bones. Some like orange saws some like red or green or yellow. Some like lite plastic saws some well built heavier saws. Some like 300 dollar pro built substancial saws, some preffer 500 doller saws that are 1/2 lb liter.

The negativity starts with the writer not the facts. Facts are just facts percieved as they are presented.....:cheers:

That's all he knows and it gets old. We should start a thread with power to weight to build quality to price of all saws bought new and I can take a guess what will come out on top.

Awesome compared to what - that is very important to state when you make a statement like that! ;)

What Dolmars have you ran? You post about facts all the time and all you have to go off of is what is printed.

I havn't tuned it yet, but will before it sees any wood. I had to go out and clean out the driveway of that white crap!!:laugh:

Hey Stihl-Pioneer....Good lookig saw....have you had a chance to run it yet? I'd be interested on how you like the B/C combo. Also what is the power like with the european muffler and retune.
I'll probably set mine up similar just with a 16 inch bar after runing it stock for a while so as to have something to compair it to after the modification.

What Dolmars have you ran? You post about facts all the time and all you have to go off of is what is printed.

115ih (military) and 5100S (my own).

The 5100S is a very good saw, just not quite what many US (AS) Dolmar fans seem to think it is. It doesn't handle really well for limbing etc in the woods (limbing etc), for a 50cc saw. There also are some hype regarding the power on here, that doesn't show up in the real world. :msp_wink:

Latest posts

Back