I got to run my new to me Stihl 361 today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRE1992

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I am in college, I am waiting for a ride home as I can't have a vehicle on campus to next year. So I look at my facebook and low and behold one of my friends from high school who has a lawn maintenance and tree removal service posts some pictures of these big trees hes cutting down... I look closer at the picture and its all locust! So I call him up and tell him I'll come to help when I get home, 2.5 hours later I show up with a 7x14 dual axle trailer, my 650 magnum, 460 magnum, 361, and my new 261.

I cut up the big stuff with my 650. And decide it was time to try out the 361. I must say its a damn nice saw. It easily out cut my friends 455 rancher that had a new chain in the locust pulling a 20" bar fully buried. Not to mention its so nice to be able to pick up a lighter saw for cutting the small stuff. The 261 stayed in the back of my truck the whole time. We completely loaded the trailer to the point where my 1500 Chevy was sagging pretty badly. Going back tomorrow for 2 more trailer loads.

Now that I have the 361 and it weighs less than a pound more than the new 261 and makes more power, what should I do with the 261? Lol. CAD strikes again!

I finally found my video camera and my nice cannon camera. So tomorrow when I get the rest of the locust back to my house I will post some videos of the 261, 361, 460 and 650 cutting some cookies!

Last edited:
God deal...since you don't need that piece of crap 261 anymore you can send it to me I'll dispose of it properly for ya:D:D

God deal...since you don't need that piece of crap 261 anymore you can send it to me I'll dispose of it properly for ya:D:D

Its okay I think I'll keep it. I had it converted to 3/8 and I ordered a new 16" ES bar and 3 new chains for it. I have to go pick them up some time tomorrow! :rock:

Although it looks like I have already blown through my tax refund check :angry:

I had a 361. Fantastic saw. Never had a problem with it. Now I have 461 same as 361 just bigger engine and rubber av not spring. I have a 362 and echo 400 too. Great saws. I had a 660 too I just sold it don't cut anything big enough to keep it.

You have great saws man.

You should have the 261 ported so that it out runs your 361:biggrin:

I just got it so it is going to stay stock for awhile... Maybe I will send the 361 to go get ported... That is when I start working again. As it is I am fine with leaving them stock for now. They do exactly what I need them to do already.

Well I didn't get to make any videos of the saws because I have been busy. But after yesterday this is the pile of nice locust I got from my friend. Its about 4 feet high in the middle and 20 feet in diameter. I ran the 361 a lot, and it cuts through the locust no problem. I have a lot of splitting to do now. :frown::help:

6A6E24B3-9EA1-465F-8DF5-B7EF83C04F2B-3409-00000211FC55E548_zps2f99eb7b.jpg

Well I didn't get to make any videos of the saws because I have been busy. But after yesterday this is the pile of nice locust I got from my friend. Its about 4 feet high in the middle and 20 feet in diameter. I ran the 361 a lot, and it cuts through the locust no problem. I have a lot of splitting to do now. :frown::help:

6A6E24B3-9EA1-465F-8DF5-B7EF83C04F2B-3409-00000211FC55E548_zps2f99eb7b.jpg
Dang twenty feet wide, that's a little bigger than 16"

Latest posts

Back