I have 4 atv tires on rims, whats the easiest way to mount them on hubs or axels,

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hearnoevil

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have 4 atv tires on rims, whats the easiest way to mount them on hubs or axels, for a log cart.

Right now I have two trailers to tow behind my atv with car tires/rims on them.

I want to use the 4 to tow longer logs.

I have 4 atv tires on rims, whats the easiest way to mount them on hubs or axels, for a log cart.

Right now I have two trailers to tow behind my atv with car tires/rims on them.

I want to use the 4 to tow longer logs.

If they are all of the same make of quad, I would just order four new hubs for the front of a quad and find you a piece of cold rolled steel for an axle.You can either pin the axles to stop the wheel from coming off, or have a machine shop turn some threads on the end.If you look on ebay, you might find some deals on front tire hubs for what you need.

In AK we go to the local trailer supply houses and get rims with 5 on 4-1/2 bolt pattern, then just put the ATV tires on them. Usually they are white and under $20 each. Then you can use readily available hubs and stub axles to build the width axle that you need. My last ATV (we call them meat wagons) trailer has been around since 1999 and has hauled everything from gravel to building materials..... everything except... meat. ;(

I have 4 honda rims, off a early 2000 or late 1990's 4x4.

i have no hubs other then the ones I'm using.

In AK we go to the local trailer supply houses and get rims with 5 on 4-1/2 bolt pattern, then just put the ATV tires on them. Usually they are white and under $20 each. Then you can use readily available hubs and stub axles to build the width axle that you need. My last ATV (we call them meat wagons) trailer has been around since 1999 and has hauled everything from gravel to building materials..... everything except... meat. ;(

What, no meat??? Alaskee?? I thought you had to like shoo the moose outta the garden and knock the caribou off the roof. Are you way up where there are only like jackrabbits and arctic fox and like that there?

sell them on Craig's list.Buy 2 Atv s already mounted with hubs spindle and bearings from northern tool for 89.00 each side

Do you do any fabricating?

My first thought when I opened this thread...
If I already had the wheels and tires, and I already had some standard trailer hubs, I'd make some adapter blocks to join the two. If you have the tools, equipment and fabricating skills it wouldn't be a big deal.

Or you could buy them from these guys...
http://www.shop.adapterkings.com/

Last edited:
Does the rims not have the same bolt pattern as the existing hub on the four wheeler ?

The standard Honda bolt pattern is 4 x 110. Same with Yamaha.

You will be AMAZED at how well ATV tires work on a trailer. I was blown away. You will be happy.

The local U-Wrench-It junkyard has dozens of two wheeled wheelbarrows for taking your tools in and parts out. They are made from the rear spindles of a front wheel drive car welded to a short axle, but when you pull them off, if I remember right, their bolted on the car with four bolts. They use super saver spares and rims. Everything is quite cheap to buy wheels and spindles. If you still want to use your wheels and tires use the adaptor Whitespider suggested if necessary.

Hearnoevil; Please post pictures of your current trailer set-up. And say more about what you are hauling, size and length, and want to build. I have not used my stuff in the woods this year because buying 8' cord wood is keeping me really busy. I miss that part of being in the woods and gathering. In the past I've posted pictures of a Thule tandem axle atv trailer and Log-Rite Fetching arch. Both have their place, the arch a rather limited specific use. But when needed it is unbelievable how nimble and easily my small Polaris 330 magnum can move 2000 lbs. up to the wood shed with 4 wheel drive. What do you want to build when you say 'longer logs', a tandem axle, a wagon, or two arches used in tandem?

IMG-20110604-00017-gqRVo2eE.1340202409.jpg

current set up, i just want to be able to attach another axel to this to be able to take 8 ft logs

Latest posts

Back