I have an ash tree crisis!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had great success pulling them in a general direction and notching and back cutting in the exact direction I want. Like I set them on top of eachother. There's a lot to think about when pulling and cutting them though and its not super quick like some guys want it to be.

true, it's time consuming mostly because i was working alone. but, i was in no real hurry, just wanted to play it safe

Here in NY we aren't allowed to transport wood more than 50 miles. Im also not sure if we are allowed to go to PA. Our governor doesn't let us do anything.

PA has similar restrictions to NY. When I go camping in PA the state parks actually have more strict firewood regulations than NY does.
According to NY DEC known infested ash trees can be used for firewood, burned, or chipped. Your choice as long as it isn't transported over 50 miles. I asked them if there was any restrictions on what I could do with all my ash trees and nope, not really.

Edit: mustang, we are not that far apart. One of my favorite cideries is right near you in Barker NY.

PA has similar restrictions to NY. When I go camping in PA the state parks actually have more strict firewood regulations than NY does.
According to NY DEC known infested ash trees can be used for firewood, burned, or chipped. Your choice as long as it isn't transported over 50 miles. I asked them if there was any restrictions on what I could do with all my ash trees and nope, not really.

Edit: mustang, we are not that far apart. One of my favorite cideries is right near you in Barker NY.

Blackbird cider? Its about 5 minutes from my house.

I order that at local restaurants that have it on tap. We also go there occasionally. The fruit and wineries in this area are amazing. Ive lived in niagara County all my life and the northern region along the lake is awesome. Not to go on about NY but there's a lot of great parts outside the "big city" I've never been to lol. Unfortunately NY is run by a ash hole governor who thinks he controls everything.

I order that at local restaurants that have it on tap. We also go there occasionally. The fruit and wineries in this area are amazing. Ive lived in niagara County all my life and the northern region along the lake is awesome. Not to go on about NY but there's a lot of great parts outside the "big city" I've never been to lol. Unfortunately NY is run by a ash hole governor who thinks he controls everything.
My limited experience, I could actually like New York (some really pretty country) if not for the city and the politics.

Same here in Pa......

Back