I hope you are all out climbing...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonnyO

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The rec part of this site seems to have slowed way down. I know the BARC (Boston Area rec. Climbers)climbers have held a pretty aggressive schedule lately. Where are your pics and reports from rec climbs????????????????

Total genius - BARC

Sunday did a late afternoon party climb in a backyard. Anyone who wanted to climb had to do so before they started drinking. 6 climbers went up to 60 ft. TIP on a statuesque red oak. With a front moving through and thunderstorms threatening we used a laptop to check online doppler radar before each set of climbers went up. It worked, heavy weather split over us north and south. After dark a high swing was set on a 50 ft. TIP., sent some party goers on a big ride. They were put in a NT harness with helmet and safety glasess and raised up enough on a DdRT system to clear obstacles. A 30 ft. tether was used to pull them back and.... yahoo!

Great climb in Olmstead Woods in Boston yesterday with OTG Boston, Dan and Jimmy with National Parks Service, Alban, Leif and a fine crew of arborist interns. Anyone with pics to post?
-moss

Great climb in Olmstead Woods in Boston yesterday with OTG Boston, Dan and Jimmy with National Parks Service, Alban, Leif and a fine crew of arborist interns. Anyone with pics to post?
-moss

As you know, my camera broke :cry:

Hopefully Dan will send some to me so I can post them here.

Climbing Central Virginia

836849603_c2e57e9f13.jpg

We've been up in the trees at Lake Anna all summer and having a blast.
I guess the RTC's are mostly on other sites, but I always check here too anyways.

The pic is Jbird and Aaron, taken by Aaron's dad Gasman.

Back