I love my MS270 with tool less chain adjuster

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rookie1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
im running out of firewood and had some time to cut up a dead maple in my yard this afternoon. I used the 270 and halfway thru I needed to tighten chain, how nice it was to adjust the chain with no scrench. Worst part was taking off my glove. image.jpgimage.jpg

I have a ms180 with the toolless adjuster and it is nice to use but hate how the woodchips and oil get packed in the adjuster and is a pain to clean.

Safety chain is sharp and made nice chips. It came with the saw so I'll run it til it's done.
I've also got an 023 with tool less and don't seem to have s problem with saw dust gumming up the works.

I have a ms250 with the tool less adjuster that I have used since about 2006 and have had no problems. I use it to cut firewood for myself. Take the side cover off and a quick blow with the air hose and all the gunk is out. For the average homeowner it seems to work good.

I tell you Ross is a different cookie. He has a bunch of saws like his 076, 044, 056, 026, etc, but he likes to use those "underdog" saws like the 021/023/025 family for most of his cutting. I have an 084 on hold for him right now too. Lol
I have a lot of fondness for the 025 myself. They just seem so easy to handle and not get wore out using them. I use mine mostly for cutting down smallish trees on ditch banks and limbing to keep from wearing my self out to far or fast while sawing longer hours. I''ll use the bigger saws where I need them to keep my pace up .
I have little experience with the tooless adjuster. I like chaps with a pocket and I keep a scrench and small screwdriver there on me, also 1 to 3 wedges depending on the type cutting I am doing.

Just don't jerk on it when it's stuck. Those things eat intake boots like no tomorrow.
That's a no-no with about any AV saw. There is 1 local guy here it seems it never fails his son ruins the intake boot on an 028 when he uses it. Last time he brought it to me at least 2 dampners where broke also.
I have run a fair amount of hours on the 280's and 270's and haven't had any intake boot problems myself.

That's a no-no with about any AV saw. There is 1 local guy here it seems it never fails his son ruins the intake boot on an 028 when he uses it. Last time he brought it to me at least 2 dampners where broke also.
I have run a fair amount of hours on the 280's and 270's and haven't had any intake boot problems myself.
It's the only intake boot I keep in stock, just sayin'.

I had a 270 once upon a time. I liked the saw but sold because of the toolless chain adjuster. I used the money from that saw and my MS 290 to buy a 362. I am done buying saws now.

Tool less sucks like a shop vac i have a poulan tool less and now it is equipped with the husky chain brake cover tools required. Yeahya

Tool less chainsaws are like maintenance free gutters ... looks good on paper ... sucks in real life.

The tool less chainsaw needs tools when it fks up :p

The maintenance free gutters need maintenance when they fk up

Tool less chainsaws are like maintenance free gutters ... looks good on paper ... sucks in real life.

The tool less chainsaw needs tools when it fks up :p

The maintenance free gutters need maintenance when they fk up
I remodeled and added on to my house 8 years ago and installed maintainence free gutters and haven't had a bit of trouble with them.

Back