I made some chain vises

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I guess that I did not realize how low that the Husqvana type roller guide fits onto the bar. I suppose a guy could file his roller guide to fit the vise too!

Tried a Granberg type guide on these yet? The opening on these varies with the model, but on the current one I have it appears to be 0.29 inches. It can be filed wider (up to 0.4"?) by removing some cast-in bosses. But now I am thinking that the groove would have to go quite low to accommodate the frame and set screw. And that a device designed to clamp onto (as opposed to simply straddle) a bar with a fixed groove might not be compatible with a vise that opens and closes.

Philbert

Now that I have the Timberline, for those of you that use it Would it be okay If the Timberline was in a Relief in the middle of the vice.

By relieving just one spot where the Timberline would set it would maintain structural integrity of the vice.

I would basically make the Vice as thin as a bar right in the middle on the solid side only down far enough to just clear the sharpener.

Am I making any sense without a picture?

Now that I have the Timberline, for those of you that use it Would it be okay If the Timberline was in a Relief in the middle of the vice.

By relieving just one spot where the Timberline would set it would maintain structural integrity of the vice.

I would basically make the Vice as thin as a bar right in the middle on the solid side only down far enough to just clear the sharpener.

Am I making any sense without a picture?

That would be great.

Jack

any chance that you will make the Gen 3 roller with a full radiused ends for race chains as it would be an all in one unit? so a combination of the gen 2 and 3 ?
if so let me know what the cost is and will pay you accordingly
Bill

any chance that you will make the Gen 3 roller with a full radiused ends for race chains as it would be an all in one unit? so a combination of the gen 2 and 3 ?
if so let me know what the cost is and will pay you accordingly
Bill

I'm going to make another vice called the tunnel buddy. It will be only the full radius end on the Gen2 with one lever nut for tunneling or free hand square filing. I'll see how my break times work out on Monday and Tuesday and see if I can get a prototype made.

After you get caught up are going to inventory some of these?Some of us have gone over our tool and parts budget for the given time period.

Thanks for the reply but really looking for a gen 3 for use with rollers and a full radiused end ?
this way I cold do it all with one unit.
Thanks for the consideration.
Bill

I'm going to make another vice called the tunnel buddy. It will be only the full radius end on the Gen2 with one lever nut for tunneling or free hand square filing. I'll see how my break times work out on Monday and Tuesday and see if I can get a prototype made.

Latest posts

Back