I need some parts for my Stihl 041 Farm Boss in a Box Project Plz.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbone1911

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am missing a few parts for this saw due to someone taking it a apart and throwing everything in a box. I have rebuilt a few of these saws and just love their sound running and their low end grunt.
I need;
The left hand clutch nut, a flywheel key and the top handle. The top handle I know I can pick up on Ebay. The other parts are harder to find. Any help or direction will be appreciated.
Bill Titzer

I have several 041 hulks in the barn that might yield those parts. I recently got another that runs when primed but is missing the sprocket cover. It was real hard to crank, so I wasn't too surprised to see 200 lb on the compression gauge. That collection of mine is overdue to be brought onto the bench to see how many runners I can make out of the pile. I love the sound of those old workhorses.

My first Stihl was an 041 AV I believe. It's in a box, complete I think, from a rebuild teardown. Didn't have the funds to have the rebuild done. I would consider contributing it to somebodies rebuild project or possibly paying for a rebuild if someone has the parts and knowledge. I will verify the model number tonight and update tomorrow.

The 041 came in the 041FB (Farm Boss) version and the 041AV variations. The FB version had a sprocket cover that extended back over the muffler, whereas the AV versions had a separate cover for the muffler. The top handlebar for the FB version is part number 1110 790 1501. The AV versions take a handlebar with part number 1110 790 1716. If by left hand nut you mean the left-hand threaded carrier for the clutch shoes, that is part number 1113 162 3205 for both the FB and AV versions. The flywheel key is a woodruff key- 2x3.7 with part number 9482 435 0030. The key should be available at a hardware store. My 041 with missing sprocket cover is the AV version. I can't wait to see how it will perform with a 20" bar in hardwood.

Back