I need some parts for my Stihl 041 Farm Boss in a Box Project Plz.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tbone1911

tbone1911

ArboristSite Lurker
I am missing a few parts for this saw due to someone taking it a apart and throwing everything in a box. I have rebuilt a few of these saws and just love their sound running and their low end grunt.
I need;
The left hand clutch nut, a flywheel key and the top handle. The top handle I know I can pick up on Ebay. The other parts are harder to find. Any help or direction will be appreciated.
Bill Titzer

galde

galde

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have several 041 hulks in the barn that might yield those parts. I recently got another that runs when primed but is missing the sprocket cover. It was real hard to crank, so I wasn't too surprised to see 200 lb on the compression gauge. That collection of mine is overdue to be brought onto the bench to see how many runners I can make out of the pile. I love the sound of those old workhorses.

NickW

NickW

ArboristSite Lurker

My first Stihl was an 041 AV I believe. It's in a box, complete I think, from a rebuild teardown. Didn't have the funds to have the rebuild done. I would consider contributing it to somebodies rebuild project or possibly paying for a rebuild if someone has the parts and knowledge. I will verify the model number tonight and update tomorrow.

galde

galde

Addicted to ArboristSite
The 041 came in the 041FB (Farm Boss) version and the 041AV variations. The FB version had a sprocket cover that extended back over the muffler, whereas the AV versions had a separate cover for the muffler. The top handlebar for the FB version is part number 1110 790 1501. The AV versions take a handlebar with part number 1110 790 1716. If by left hand nut you mean the left-hand threaded carrier for the clutch shoes, that is part number 1113 162 3205 for both the FB and AV versions. The flywheel key is a woodruff key- 2x3.7 with part number 9482 435 0030. The key should be available at a hardware store. My 041 with missing sprocket cover is the AV version. I can't wait to see how it will perform with a 20" bar in hardwood.

Latest posts