I now understand the fuss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surfincr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i have to admit i now understand why some people really like some of the older saws. i lucked out this weekend when i went to fix one of the older saws i picked up. its a homelite super xl auto oiler which i really lucked out on. the saw wound up needing the wire to the power switch and the points cleaned. once i did both it started first pull and runs amazingly well (aside from it bogging down when warm which i still need to tune) but i have to admit it runs and cuts faster than my 031 even with an old dull chain. i was actually really impressed by the old girl. now just have to clean her up and fine tune her.

If your gonna troll around here you better have PICS we won't put up with it! just kiddin show us some photos.

i knew i was going to get hit with the photo comment. unfortunately my urge to share my thoughts were greater than my patience. as soon as i get home from work i'll put some photos up
:blob2:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice old saws, fun to run, sound great. Its all good.;)

that da boy you done good. Had one just like that but, was that Carolina Blue color. If anybody knows the difference I'd like to know

Latest posts

Back