I Paid for the Full Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I file my chains until there's no more cutter to sharpen and from the picture would guess you have another filing or two left. I also don't toss them until I have broken at least 4 or 5 cutters in a row. The first one or two are really just a semi-skip conversion anyway...
It almost pains me to put on a new chain knowing it will inevitably get used to cut something off the fence row and whack a staple, chuck of wire, or something else hard beneath the bark.

an old steel bike frame & rim once... The tree grew around it, and at some point years before the tree died, the frame was cut flush with the trunk & bark covered it up.
Never would have known or suspected it was there from the outside, as the bark was perfect & rough, but smooth( odd, but you know what I'm trying to say) Till I hit it and wrecked my chain...The homeowner showed me a picture of his firepit with the bike frame sticking out of a 25" dia log he was burning from that tree, spokes & all. I thought I hit fencing pipe at the time.

Latest posts

Back