I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl 041 parts (Greenfield center)

Date: 2010-02-15, 1:17PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a bunch of old 041 stihl chainsaw parts. If someone can use them I'd be glad to get them out of my garage. Some are brand new.......:cases, bearings, oil pumps, clutch shoes, starter springs, carb parts, etc.

nice looking saw i wished i had one to pittel around with again. i got my 041 stihl running and it runs better then it did when i first got it. but i need to find me a other one to pittel with one day

Last edited:
Man some people piss me off!

saw this ad on craigslist:
Husqvarna 357XPG 18 - 20in - bars new cost 594.99 sell 250 - $250
Date: 2010-02-15, 11:35AM MST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

need to sell fast works like new only 5 months old 250 obo 575 740 2052 daniel

455 RANCHER -
(1) 18" 20" OR 24" BAR & CHAIN only
, 3/8, .050GAUGE

so he's saying in the title 357XPG 250.. so like any chainsaw addicted person i call him. come find out it's a 455 rancher. dammit!! why do people do this? this false advertising. i must sue!

He may not have honestly known or he may be baiting people into calling.

What some people do here is just make the title and description something general like "Large, professional chainsaw for sale." So then to find out you have to call, only to learn it's a wild thing.

He may not have honestly known or he may be baiting people into calling.

What some people do here is just make the title and description something general like "Large, professional chainsaw for sale." So then to find out you have to call, only to learn it's a wild thing.

Yeah i hear ya. but dammit i'm sitting at the computer enjoying some beers, and i saw that ad on craiglist. so i thought damn i better sober up and call him only to find out it was a rancher. what a buzzkill. i should at least sue for a couple Mickey's tallboys! haha

I'd say buddy was drinking too,if he confused a 455 rancher for a 357xp.:dizzy::cheers:

Good thing he told you over the phone, before you drove 100 miles, then you'd be really pissed.

Last edited:
He must've been. cause 357xpg is alot different than 455 rancher. i hate people who lure you like that! man when i read the title i was sooooo excited. i was gonna meet him tonight if it had been the said saw.

Back