I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:censored: If I wasn't playing Mr. Mom today I'd have been all over that like dumb on a treehugger!

So exactly what about 'treehuggers' is dumb?

Is it that they keep on crying "Deforestation !, Deforestation !!" when the US is currently growing 9 Billion board feet of harvestable timber annually, yet only harvesting 1 billion board feet of that?

Yeah, I guess it could be that.

:p

Jimbo

Is it that they keep on crying "Deforestation !, Deforestation !!" when the US is currently growing 9 Billion board feet of harvestable timber annually, yet only harvesting 1 billion board feet of that?

Jimbo

Nothing better than when people answer their own question for me.:hmm3grin2orange:

Yeah, that's a part of it.

Jimbo

Puttin my neck out here but as for the tree huggers i've known, they're some brave folks trying to keep some awesome trees bigger than you guys have seen in Delaware or Fla. from getting cut down just to get turned into pulp or 2x4's.
Not alot of enviros trying to save tree plantations out here, just very rare old growth.
Enough politics, gonna check craigslist.

And if you all think i'm hugging trees, that's me in the photo.

Puttin my neck out here but as for the tree huggers i've known, they're some brave folks trying to keep some awesome trees bigger than you guys have seen in Delaware or Fla. from getting cut down just to get turned into pulp or 2x4's.
Not alot of enviros trying to save tree plantations out here, just very rare old growth.
Enough politics, gonna check craigslist.

And if you all think i'm hugging trees, that's me in the photo.

We obviously have different definitions. I have nothing against Environmentalist (where as one of my majors was Environmental Science), but the radical morons who believe everything should built from recycled newspaper, and every engine should run on hopes and dreams are "Tree Huggers."

We obviously have different definitions. I have nothing against Environmentalist (where as one of my majors was Environmental Science), but the radical morons who believe everything should built from recycled newspaper, and every engine should run on hopes and dreams are "Tree Huggers."

Ahhh, those folks....yeah, they're a different breed. I just call them unrealistic dumb-arses and wait for them to choke on their tofu and pipe dreams.:cheers:

The best part is, they still hang out in the trees(for days/weeks without bathing, or shampooing their hair with their organic soaps...) so you can't cut them down...course, last time I remembered you can still drop trees on the side of a mountain without climbing it 1st :dizzy:

wiki linky

"Stands of old growth hardwood forest on Mount Wachusett became the object of a 2003 court ruling in favor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in joint contract with the ski area regarding plans for a ski slope expansion into an environmental buffer zone around the old growth stand. The old growth forest contains trees over 350 years old; the buffer zone contained mature trees about half that age. The Sierra Club and other conservation organizations criticized the ruling and two members of Earth First! staged a sit-in protest by climbing into the crowns of several of the trees in the area slated to be clear cut.[2][3] As of 2007 wording on the website of the Wachusett Mountain Ski Area included strong language prohibiting skiers and snow boarders from entering the old growth area: "Anyone found entering old growth areas will have their lift ticket revoked. Subsequent offenses will be subject to fines.""

just so we don't go off topic too much,

IS this a decent deal??:http://worcester.craigslist.org/grd/1641140917.html

The best part is, they still hang out in the trees(for days/weeks without bathing, or shampooing their hair with their organic soaps...) so you can't cut them down...course, last time I remembered you can still drop trees on the side of a mountain without climbing it 1st :dizzy:

wiki linky

"Stands of old growth hardwood forest on Mount Wachusett became the object of a 2003 court ruling in favor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in joint contract with the ski area regarding plans for a ski slope expansion into an environmental buffer zone around the old growth stand. The old growth forest contains trees over 350 years old; the buffer zone contained mature trees about half that age. The Sierra Club and other conservation organizations criticized the ruling and two members of Earth First! staged a sit-in protest by climbing into the crowns of several of the trees in the area slated to be clear cut.[2][3] As of 2007 wording on the website of the Wachusett Mountain Ski Area included strong language prohibiting skiers and snow boarders from entering the old growth area: "Anyone found entering old growth areas will have their lift ticket revoked. Subsequent offenses will be subject to fines.""

just so we don't go off topic too much,

IS this a decent deal??:http://worcester.craigslist.org/grd/1641140917.html

Might be, if all it really needs is a small adjustment and you know what you are doing.

Back