I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... I sent him an email too....his response directly below....

I sent these listings to a guy I know at Stihl NW ....not sure if they have any recourse against this kind of thing....

Dear greg986547,

the 381's where purchased out of alaska,and imported from Germany, my stihl rep down here can confirm. parts are hard to come by yet. you must order from over seas. this is the last new 381 and would not recomend for a business but would be ok for a advid user. stihl rep Jack Bingham 940-782-8061 i have used saws that we will list if not sold in the local estate sale.

- dean620ash
Did this answer your question? If not, let the seller know.

To: dean620ash
Subject: greg986547 has sent a question about item #220619104906, ending on Jun-11-10 15:14:04 PDT - STIHL MS 381 chainsaw 20" Bar NEW
Sent Date: Jun-09-10 12:01:49 PDT

Dear dean620ash,

Where did you purchase this 381 ? these aren't
available in the US. Can you give me the dealer
purchased from so I can confirm parts availability?

- greg986547

STIHL MS 381 chainsaw 20" Bar NEW
Item Id: 220619104906
End time: Jun-11-10 15:14:04 PDT
Seller:
dean620ash (0)
0.0% Positive Feedback
Member since May-07-10 in United States
Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was active.
Here are more items from this seller

All I know Is I jokeingly mentioned to my local Stihl guy about getting overseas carbs and such that are non epa... and he said no way... dont want the fine from the EPA... so I would imagine thats the same deal with these 070s and 381s... Should be interesting, keep us aprized!

I sent him a msg on ebay about how fake they were and he got all mad. THEY ARE FAKE! Guys just dont have new ones stashed away with crappy pics of them and start selling them with zero feedback. He said i know nothing about chainsaws...ROFL

I think his ad said customers could pick them up locally. Someone who lives near him should go take a look. Of course I'm not familiar enough with Stihl to tell the difference if they were labeled the same. You'd think Stihl wouldn't like cheap knock-offs being sold under their name.

I think his ad said customers could pick them up locally. Someone who lives near him should go take a look. Of course I'm not familiar enough with Stihl to tell the difference if they were labeled the same. You'd think Stihl wouldn't like cheap knock-offs being sold under their name.

and the plot thickens on the 070

at first I thought it might just be a scammer but he did provide a
phone number in the ad.

He had 2 070's listed but those were both wiped out of the Ebay system.

http://cgi.ebay.com/stihl-chainsaw-...=ViewItem&pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item3a5bce4e2d

4 Chainsaws, Homelite XP 1020, P-41, other Homey

Homelite xp1020 complete no spark needs points 36" bar - Pioneer p41 24"+ bar runs needs carb adjusted - Homelite direct drive 24"+ runs needs carb adjusted - Husquvarna 55 farm boss runs needs carb adjusted 24" bar. all ran great but have been sitting awhile. Interested in trades such as firearms,gun safe,dirtbikes,quads,cars,trucks,rollaway tool boxes,mechanic tools,good outboard motor 4-20 hp
or make cash offer ??????????? email or call 360.273.7058

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/bar/1785067772.html

The auction states that he did buy it as a Husky. The sticker on the clutch cover actually states "Husqvarna 395XP." Is it even legal to falsely sell something that way?

Chris B.
They crush up fake Rolexes all the time...it cheapens the brand. I imagine someone stole a bunch of Husky labels and put them on some knock-offs. Probably if the right people got ahold of a shipment of these, they'd be crushed also. Husqvarna should be furious that someone if doing this cloning!

They crush up fake Rolexes all the time...it cheapens the brand. I imagine someone stole a bunch of Husky labels and put them on some knock-offs. Probably if the right people got ahold of a shipment of these, they'd be crushed also. Husqvarna should be furious that someone if doing this cloning!

They are not factory labels... easy to do that type of stuff with any print shop program.

your right, they should find where these are coming from..

Imagine the bad-taste in that guy's mouth after that deal...argh.

They are not factory labels... easy to do that type of stuff with any print shop program.

your right, they should find where these are coming from..

Imagine the bad-taste in that guy's mouth after that deal...argh.
It sounds like I need to get one of those programs...some of my saws are missing labels.

Wow...

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHAIN-SAW-/260618036825?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3cae0ba659

In case EVILBAY deletes it:

This is my personal experience with AGR Machinery or Mills International Trading Pty Ltd, ABN 45 117 885 828
and in no way can be construed as typical, as I say just my experience.

I bought a chainsaw from AGR Machinery off ebay, after about 3 weeks a tree pruner arrived.

I contacted them to say they had sent the wrong item and I was directed to a link where I downloaded a service form which enabled me to outline any grievance and it stated that my return postage would be repaid if I included the postage receipt.
When I bought the item the postage was charged at $47, when I returned it it cost me $18 - figure that one out.

It has now been over a month and after numerous emails and requests for my postage to be refunded these are their replies;

Hi again, Pomjon1
Just a quick note to let you know that your item has been replaced and we will be posting your new 62cc chainsaw out shortly via Aust Post and your consignment number is 2929502796.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please be sure to get straight back in touch as we're always here to help out.
Best regards,
The AGR Machinery Team

Hi again,
The accounts staff process all reimbursements together every couple of weeks.
Best regards,
The AGR Machinery Team

Hello Jon. Should you wish to remove the negative feedback we are able to process reimbursement of your original freight cost ($47). Simply let us know if you wish to change it and we can send through the link for you. Otherwise it's best to forget it - not further communication will be entered into.

I have tried to bring this issue to the attention of ebay and PayPal but they don't seem interested. I have even raised the point that attempting to dictate feedback ratings to customers is strictly against ebay's policies but still no response.

I have to say that I do understand that mistakes happen and when they are rectified I consider that to be a sterling effort, but in this case it has been at my expense.

The chain saw is probably what I expected for the money - not very much.

No doubt ebay will pull this notice, they are obviously looking after AGRO Machinery and not the likes of us but I will just put it back up.
If anyone has an address for this mob please email me: [email protected]
I might just pay them a visit - with my new saw.

McCulloch 790/795 Chainsaw - $350

Big 103cc monstrosity with good compression. Old school timber fallin' saw from the west coast. Full wrap handle, and has compression release. I have an extra ignition that goes with the saw as well. Comes with 36" Oregon sprocket tip bar and .404 chain that has a lot of life left in it. Runs great, cuts good...

$350

(360) 720-2327 Please leave message

http://skagit.craigslist.org/tls/1787128831.html

Latest posts

Back