I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BLK 58 from craigslist

I just bought a Stihl MS170 off Craigslist for $60.00. When I got there he had alot of old saws one of which is an old Stihl BLK58. It is complete sitting on display. What is that saw worth? I am going to try to purchase it along with his other oldies. I also saw ( no pun intended) 2 McCullochs with 1) MC and 1) duck on covers....a Mall one man....a reciprocating( wright? ) a David Bradley plus others I could not get to. Anyone let me know what the BLK58 ( silver color ) is worth. Thanks Paul

Husqvarna 55 Chainsaw - eBay (item 180620971426 end time Feb-10-11 06:29:07 PST)

"Husqvarna Model 55 chainsaw. Not your normal saw, this one is brand new, it was built in 1994 in louisville, KY on a mobile husqvarna factory (made on a tractor trailer) . The fact that this saw was made in the USA is what makes is soo rare. All others are made in Husqvarna , Sweeden. Has never had bar oil or fuel in unit. still in the original box, chain still in plastic packaging, comes with bar/chain protector, bar nut tool, safety manual as well as the owners manual and original registration form. This saw is a real collectors edition and a rare find. but could be used in the field if you wanted too."

Starting bid is only $2000........ That is no typo, the staring bid is two thousand dollars.

I just sent him a message:
drugs are a terrible thing, the crack you are smoking has obviously distorted your sense of an items worth.

Stihl S10 +

That hedgetrimmer attachment you have is kind of rare. I wouldn't break that combo up. I have an 015 rearhandle set-up with that same hedge trimmmer.

I thought this was pretty cool, and I was hoping to grab it, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to get up there any time soon.

Collectible Chainsaw/Brush Cutter Stihl 510

Collectible Chainsaw/Brush Cutter Stihl 510 - $150 (saranac NY)
Date: 2011-01-30, 9:14PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

This is a chainsaw/brush cutter in very good to excellent condition. Works well. This a collectible item and was made in the late 60's to early 70's.

3n33m03o85Y55T45R2b1u0d0f67dbb3991f95.jpg
3n13k23m15V25O05P5b1u84aa206ab87a135b.jpg

Sears Buzz Saw - $150 (Fort Valley)

Sears Buzz Saw

Found this old buzz saw on a farm. Great shape for the age. The blade spins. The safety chain that hook to the table need to be replaced but other than that I see no cracks or damage to this other than rust from being outside. Neat old saw. $150 but feel free to make an offer.

3nf3p23of5Z05Q15X1b21cdda04d7dbe41128.jpg

Now that I look at it again, only one of the bidders retracted.
The other bidder was neck and neck up to $1500+. So if his bids still stand, he's gonna buy the saw at any price up till that.

Last edited:
I looked at the other items in his store and they seemed within reason. I don't get the significance of the trailer assembly in the US part but to each his own.

Does not matter where it was put together. It was assembled from oem Husqvarna parts by, what was most likely, a factory trained technician. They could have assembled it Mexico on the back of a donkey for all I care.

I like that buzz saw. Remember running one of our John Deere A when I was a kid.

+1....35 massey. I can still remember going to supper with my arms fixing to fall off from throwing blocks for about 8 hours.

Looks like the most dangerous contraption in the world, but I can never remember anyone getting so much as a scratch from one.

I see its back up again as high as it was WTF!!!

Very funny.
The first guy retracted. The second still had his bid in up to $1500+. Someone else is apparently making him own up to his bidding.
If the seller is innocent I feel sorry for him unless he miraculously gets paid the full amount,,,,,then i'm jealous.

Very funny.
The first guy retracted. The second still had his bid in up to $1500+. Someone else is apparently making him own up to his bidding.
If the seller is innocent I feel sorry for him unless he miraculously gets paid the full amount,,,,,then i'm jealous.

well, you know what to do then. get her listed :D

Back