I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Stihl-090-Chain...544359099?pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item25613082bb

Very tempted to put this in the chainsaw forum... I bought this saw earlier this week, paid the seller through Paypal. Got a refund two days later without notice. Seller stated that he broke the recoil rope, and one of the exhaust bolts broke before shipping.
Told him I would still like the saw, to send me some pictures of the broke bolt. He said that he would, and without notice, he lists it a couple days after refund. He does claim that he sent me pictures of the broken exhaust bolt(s), but I never received them (riiiight). Something fishy is going on with this one, just dont know what (aside from the BS). This auction was over $825 yesterday, now back down to $645.

What a crock, notice there is no mention of the broken bolts or recoil, just that the saw has new exhaust bolts. A little aggravated over this one... Good luck to all, and proceed with caution.

with a feedback score of 34 you could put a serious dent in his 100% feedback rating. before i gave negative feedback though i'd give him a chance to make it right.

I gave him a chance, just glad I didnt receive the saw in the condition it would have left in. Instead of completing the transaction in ebay, it went to paypal. So the previous transaction never ended as a buy it now, just an ended listing with Paypal. My fault on that one, but wouldnt have made a difference in the end. Even though he deserved it, I dont know that I would have left him a Neg. There will be others, blessed to have what I do in my small collection, dont need the headache that will come with this saw.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stihl-090-Chain...544359099?pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item25613082bb

Very tempted to put this in the chainsaw forum... I bought this saw earlier this week, paid the seller through Paypal. Got a refund two days later without notice. Seller stated that he broke the recoil rope, and one of the exhaust bolts broke before shipping.
Told him I would still like the saw, to send me some pictures of the broke bolt. He said that he would, and without notice, he lists it a couple days after refund. He does claim that he sent me pictures of the broken exhaust bolt(s), but I never received them (riiiight). Something fishy is going on with this one, just dont know what (aside from the BS). This auction was over $825 yesterday, now back down to $645.

What a crock, notice there is no mention of the broken bolts or recoil, just that the saw has new exhaust bolts. A little aggravated over this one... Good luck to all, and proceed with caution.

I agree, You can hurt him bad.
I'd tell him ship the saw or your gonna
give a big fat negative.

Lee

I gave him a chance, just glad I didnt receive the saw in the condition it would have left in. Instead of completing the transaction in ebay, it went to paypal. So the previous transaction never ended as a buy it now, just an ended listing with Paypal. My fault on that one, but wouldnt have made a difference in the end. Even though he deserved it, I dont know that I would have left him a Neg. There will be others, blessed to have what I do in my small collection, dont need the headache that will come with this saw.

it sounds like you made a deal to end auction and sell for a certain price to you.

he must have decided it was not enough money and canceled his end of the deal.

Not a good statement for a seller.

it does not show up as a completed listing in his account
so its the same as any non ebay transaction.

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/sand...dmd=1&_ipg=50&_since=15&_sop=12&_rdc=1&_rdc=2

too bad people can not honor their words anymore.

it sounds like you made a deal to end auction and sell for a certain price to you.

he must have decided it was not enough money and canceled his end of the deal.

Not a good statement for a seller.

it does not show up as a completed listing in his account
so its the same as any non ebay transaction.

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/sand...dmd=1&_ipg=50&_since=15&_sop=12&_rdc=1&_rdc=2

too bad people can not honor their words anymore.

I cant figure out what it is sawbones. His listing stated that he would end auction if he met his reserve. I never even asked, just made an offer and he declined. I let a day go by, made what I thoguht a VERY strong offer (I became attached to the saw), he said ok without hesitation.
I could go on, there is quite a bit of BS.... I still cant figure out how an exhaust bolt snaps by starting the saw, and if so why he couldnt mention so in the transaction. Oh well, Im done griping- just knew that I would have felt bad if I didnt pipe up and say something, and one of the guys on here get burned.

Yea I had the 540 in the AS classifieds but didnt even get a nibble figured I would just put it on feebay.. Hope it goes reasonable for ya..

I cant figure out what it is sawbones. His listing stated that he would end auction if he met his reserve. I never even asked, just made an offer and he declined. I let a day go by, made what I thoguht a VERY strong offer (I became attached to the saw), he said ok without hesitation.
I could go on, there is quite a bit of BS.... I still cant figure out how an exhaust bolt snaps by starting the saw, and if so why he couldnt mention so in the transaction. Oh well, Im done griping- just knew that I would have felt bad if I didnt pipe up and say something, and one of the guys on here get burned.
By chance is that the same saw that was up to about $1500 last week then came down and up again???

Latest posts

Back