I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:bang:

damn...woulda looked good next to the 5500..

how much was it??

J

Yeah it was very clean. The full wrap looked new. Had a new clutch and drum and new bar and chain. When I talked to him there was a guy coming in about a hr to look at it. After he left the guy emailed me and told me it sold. I told him on the phone not to budge on the price because I was willing to go the 300 just by the pics.
Bob

Super pro 81

Made in USA
McCulloch Super Pro 81
Very powerful professional chainsaw
This saw came from the factory with the optional full wrap handle and a short 20" bar and chain. Rated for up 48" bar with a full chisel chain.
This saw has been in my family since it was brand new, and has only seen home owner use. My father was a long time McCulloch employee and this was his favorite saw.
This saw was at the Stihl dealer last week and I had them install a new spark plug wire and a new fuel filter and fuel line.

call Joe (612)702 9902

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

He didn't list an asking price for the SP-81? Ahhhh.....I can't afford to buy and ship another SP-81 anyways.

Jay, Jeff, Rudedog, Chris (or Chris...), or one of you other CAD nuts.........................somebody get that saw. You'll love it! My SP-81 is quickly becoming a favorite...:cheers:

All right who scored the cherry Poulan 6000 in southern WI. 25 inch bar full wrap one owner. I was second in line. I guess that is what I get for not checkingmy notifier more offten then once every hour.
Bob
I'll fess up. Wasn't expecting to here from the seller and was pretty shocked when he called me. Thursdays are the only day I go home for lunch and just checked Craigslist before heading back to work and saw the add. I think it was up for a couple of hours already and sent him and e-mail thinking it was gone or spoken for already. Any other day of the week I probably would have never seen the add.

The pictures he posted did make the saw look a little better than it really was, but it's still in very nice condition for the age. The air filter needs to be replaced since a lot of the flocking is thin or missing and looks like the saw has been eating sawdust for a while but still has strong compression and started up right away.

This is the second one I've gotten from Craigslist and both were a surprise to see listed.
Pictures attached of both saws i hope.

Last edited:
He didn't list an asking price for the SP-81? Ahhhh.....I can't afford to buy and ship another SP-81 anyways.

Jay, Jeff, Rudedog, Chris (or Chris...), or one of you other CAD nuts.........................somebody get that saw. You'll love it! My SP-81 is quickly becoming a favorite...:cheers:

Sorry about that he listed it for 200. It is on the Minneapolis craigslist under tools

I'll fess up. Wasn't expecting to here from the seller and was pretty shocked when he called me. Thursdays are the only day I go home for lunch and just checked Craigslist before heading back to work and saw the add. I think it was up for a couple of hours already and sent him and e-mail thinking it was gone or spoken for already. Any other day of the week I probably would have never seen the add.

The pictures he posted did make the saw look a little better than it really was, but it's still in very nice condition for the age. The air filter needs to be replaced since a lot of the flocking is thin or missing and looks like the saw has been eating sawdust for a while but still has strong compression and started up right away.

This is the second one I've gotten from Craigslist and both were a surprise to see listed.
Pictures attached of both saws i hope.

Awesome score!

Dropped a rep bomb on ya!

194149d1313198930-dsc08334-custom-jpg

194150d1313198931-dsc08335-custom-jpg

194151d1313198933-dsc08336-custom-jpg

194152d1313198934-dsc08337-custom-jpg

194153d1313198935-dsc08338-custom-jpg

Didn't want three of the same pics in my first post about the Poulan so hopefully I can get the correct one to show up this time.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Made in USA
McCulloch Super Pro 81
Very powerful professional chainsaw
This saw came from the factory with the optional full wrap handle and a short 20" bar and chain. Rated for up 48" bar with a full chisel chain.
This saw has been in my family since it was brand new, and has only seen home owner use. My father was a long time McCulloch employee and this was his favorite saw.
This saw was at the Stihl dealer last week and I had them install a new spark plug wire and a new fuel filter and fuel line.

call Joe (612)702 9902

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Listing is here: Chainsaw 82cc pro , still up as of 130AM Central time. I'd love to have it, but the stack of bills in the to be paid pile don't leave any leftovers for CAD this week.

Dave, you and Aaron are going to get me in big trouble. I just sent a text to Joe about the saw.

Happy to be of service. Don't blame me for your better half being angry with you (this time). If you'd built them benches sooner, you'd have gotten the saws "out of sight, out of mind" quicker.:msp_thumbup:

Back