I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husqvarna 272 XP chainsaw 272XP | eBay

This is a Husqvarna 272XP chainsaw. It is in exceptional condition. I bought it from an old man who claimed to have used it once, and then it sat in his garage for a few years after. The condition reflects his claim. There are only a handful of scratches on the saw and a little bit of surface rust on some pieces such as the muffler. The muffler still has some of the paint on it. It isn't showroom new, but it is pretty close. This does have a decompression release. This is the powerhead only, there is no bar and chain included.

He's a bit STEEP for JUST a powerhead.... AND NO video, compression test, etc. he's 40 min north of me. I think he actually had a 272 listed that was a TOTAL POS for a while for 450.... NEVER sold it. It sat on EBay for 4 months +...

Jonsered Super 920 MONSTER CHAINSAW - $350

I'm not sure if it's a 920, or a 910. (he told me the saw was 'all metal'... (910's had mag recoils, and plastic rear handles.. where the 920-930 had plastic recoils, and metal rear handles :dizzy:.. )

IT is missing the brake though.

JONSERED 49SP $100

top end for Husky 55 ?

the 490/590's would be the top end your commenting for the 55's... the 49sp is a totally different animal, my friend ;) :cheers:

You mean the P-51 I was going to rebuild and lost interest in right now. It's complete even though the clutch cover and starter cover are miss matched. The cases have some stripped out screw holes but I have a good P-62 lower end I was gonna transfer the parts over on to. The piston looks clean. It needs a flywheel and coil though.

If you want the parts or, want to part with the saw let me know.

Dang! That one's cleaner than mine! :frown:

Aaron! Grab it!

That sure is sweet Ted. There's too many cool saws and parts already waiting for my limited $$$ however. My yardsale 10-10A will have to be the sole 10-10 in my stable for a while. May be selling/trading it soon too (gasp). Not sure on that decission yet. I have need of parts for my other projects, and I need a parts washer. I don't really "need" that 10-10A since I've got my PM700 and my SXL's. I do like the way it looks however. Like a little brother to my SP-81. No chainbrake or muffler shield (lighter than my PM700 or the PM10-10 I traded away). The 10-10S that Philbert got sure had my attention. Would've laid rubber out of my driveway going to get that saw if it was local...

Pro-Mac 10-10S with all the trimmings. Original Mac chain and accessories. Chaps are 'slide-in' (full wrap with no straps). Says that his grandfather bought it new around 1985. Thanks HighGuy - Rep sent!

Philbert

SWEET score Philbert. Glad to see you got that saw and 'accessories'. Deal of the year. Enjoy it. That's a McCulloch model I'd like to have. The strongest of the 10-10's.:cheers:

Pro-Mac 10-10S with all the trimmings. Original Mac chain and accessories. Chaps are 'slide-in' (full wrap with no straps). Says that his grandfather bought it new around 1985. Thanks HighGuy - Rep sent!

Philbert

View attachment 194579View attachment 194580View attachment 194581View attachment 194582

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

pm sent

Back