I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CHAINSAW John Deere 61CC Twin Cylinder Simultaneous Fire Chain Saw

bar is on up side down, hope he has not cut wood with it that way.

but geez, the least they could do is put the bar on right-side up.

Why is this a problem, are you guys just joking or serious?
I was always under the impression that was the 'bar equivalent' of safety chain, simply for reduced kickback. I figured it was probably at least partly a marketing ploy to get people to buy twice as many bars, disguised as a safety feature.
I've been buying them for next to nothing at yard sales for years, worn out sloppy on the 'right' side and like new tight on the other, they likely think I'm a sucker buying a worn out bar for 50 cents.
Am I playing with death or something using them on the 'wrong' side? Been doing it for a long time with no noticeable ill affects...

<EDIT> Nevermind, I think I just figured it out, most people aren't going to bother to drill a new oil feed hole on the other side...

Bill

Last edited:
...and they do fire both cylinders simultaneously.
Everything old is new again. My Saturn fires this way; they call it "waste spark" ignition. Looks like the Stihl 4-mix engines do this as well.

Wouldn't it make sense to wipe up the bar oil before taking photos?

Sears 16" - 22CI Chain Saw With 2- Extra Chains And Case- Needs Work | eBay
The way people photograph the cr@p they're selling on eB/CL, you could start a whole thread (eff, you could host a whole SITE) on the god-awful job they do. Favorites:
* background full of crap
* subject (esp. car/truck) full of crap, and/or NO attempt to clean up subject
* vertical shots of horizontal subjects
* camera rotated 90 degress, pic not rotated for posting (I've even seen some pics UPSIDE DOWN)
* esp. with car ads, COMPLETELY different car from what's listed (seen some ads with TWO different cars in adjacent pics)
* thumb/finger in pic (at least I HOPE it's a thumb/finger....)
* subject shot from a block/towship/county away

Last edited:
Everything old is new again. My Saturn fires this way; they call it "waste spark" ignition. Looks like the Stihl 4-mix engines do this as well.

Actually it a bit different I think. The Echo only has one coil, and two ignition modules. The cylinders are 180 degrees apart, so the pistons and connecting rods have no net movement when added together. This eliminates the need to counterbalance the crank and flywheel, and lowers any vibrations that you might normally have in a single cylinder saw. Problem is that the saw is flat out underpowered for its weight.

Actually it a bit different I think. The Echo only has one coil, and two ignition modules. The cylinders are 180 degrees apart, so the pistons and connecting rods have no net movement when added together. This eliminates the need to counterbalance the crank and flywheel, and lowers any vibrations that you might normally have in a single cylinder saw. Problem is that the saw is flat out underpowered for its weight.

YEP..... sure is fun to run!

never critisize what you don't understand!

This thread has lately become much more entertaining than the ordinary forum. I'd sell a saw but I'm afraid it wouldn't be funny.
Igpoe:cheers:

Wow! You really are workin' the corner today, aren't ya'?

nah, no corners, they come when I call:yoyo:

So, Jon, this one. Keep in mind, you get the only free one of this one.
redfir.jpg

Latest posts

Back