I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the correct starter and AF cover for a C7.

A change in priorities. He's OK though. Heard from Mitch yesterday.

Aaron, are there other C series Homelites that have a 7 in the model number? Like C71 for instance. The C7 that I had had the serial number tag kinda beat up and it looked like it had another number behind the 7. It looked just like the C5 that I have except it had the pawl starter which I put on my C5 when the starter quit working on it.

WTH? I posted this link & comments earlier this AM, & I could've sworn it posted just fine.

But I also had problems getting onto AS earlier this AM :dunno:.

Husqvarna 61, definately not a shelf queen, replacement top cover. This is near me if anyone is interested and needs help with shipping.

16" Husqvarna Chainsaw

WTH? I posted this link & comments earlier this AM, & I could've sworn it posted just fine.

But I also had problems getting onto AS earlier this AM :dunno:.

Husqvarna 61, definately not a shelf queen, replacement top cover. This is near me if anyone is interested and needs help with shipping.

16" Husqvarna Chainsaw

It definitely disappeared. There was a post from jwalker1984 that got deleted, also. :D

Strap on your foil hat, I think theys watchin' us.

It definitely disappeared. There was a post from jwalker1984 that got deleted, also. :D

Strap on your foil hat, I think theys watchin' us.

I'm glad to know that I'm not imagining things, sorry to hear that posts are disappearing for no apparant reason. I can't wear tin foil hats, they interfere with my positronic brain :msp_rolleyes:.

Aaron, are there other C series Homelites that have a 7 in the model number? Like C71 for instance. The C7 that I had had the serial number tag kinda beat up and it looked like it had another number behind the 7. It looked just like the C5 that I have except it had the pawl starter which I put on my C5 when the starter quit working on it.

You're correct Joe. There were C-71 and C-72 saws in addition to the C-7. Total C-series lineup was C-5/7/9, C-51/71/91, C-52/72 (plus the few "G" models that were sold with the planetary geardrive clutch cover). The C-51/71/91 saws mostly had the overrunning bearing starter, as did some early C-52/72 saws. The late production C-72's had the pawl type starter setup (the best type). C-72's were built long after all the C-series saws had been discontinued. IIRC they were built until 1982 or so. Saw an NOS late production C-72 (with box) go for over $500 on feebay a few years ago...

There were no C-92's, as the 'big dog' slot in that lineup was filled by the XP1000 and later the XP1020. An interesting side note (well interesting to me anyway)................the late C-91's (serial number 1854403 and later according to the IPL) had the single flat reed manifold as used on the C-5/51/52 and C-7/71/72 saws rather than the four petal pyramid reed setup previously used on the C-9/91 saws. My theory is that this was during the time of the release of the 100cc XP1000 (XP standing for "Extra Power"....), and Homelite wanted there to be more of a "performance gap" between their new big dog and the outgoing 85.5cc C-91 (to justify the price increase). They must've had too many C-91 cylinders and other parts left over for them to just drop the model entirely at that point. Better to use up those remaing parts by assembling them as saws with the flat reed manifolds than letting them collect dust. I've seen one of these late C-91's, and I know a member here who has one too.

Check out the custom starter on this Mac 797: appears to be Disney engineering at its finest.

McCulloch Super 797 Chainsaw Super Pro 125 125C 090 King Of The Forest | eBay

Hmmmmmmmmmm ....... I am thinking painted Honda .. just sold one ..

... that danged starter is an insult to the saw!

Too bad, because he's had some pretty decent machinery in the past.

Aaron's gonna have some fun with this one ....

Saw that a day or two ago. Looks like a Honda starter to me as well...........................and looks goofy as hell. I threw a token bid on that saw to keep track of if (without wasting a 'watch list' slot). It'll be interesting to see what it goes for. I'm sure there will be more bidding on it now that it's been "exposed" here........despite the hack homebrew starter cover...:jester:

Some good ones there for sure. No 'get rich' saws though. The 10-10S is a desireable model (I'd be interested in it) and looks to be in good shape. The Poulan 361 is a good saw too, as is the blue XL-12 series saw (neither is 'worth' as much as the 10-10S on the collector market though). The XL2/Super2 saws are good beaters (not worth much though). The 150 is a good doorstop. Some guys like those saws. Not me. I take clutch parts and bars from them for my Super E-Z series saws. The Stihl 011AV is a much maligned model. They're a good saw for what they were intended for in my opinion. I had one and it worked well. Not exciting, but a good brush saw. Also a 'safe, non-intimidating' saw to teach family members chainsaw use with. The fellow I traded mine to wanted it for just that reason...

Last edited:
I'd pick it up but it is almost 2hrs one way. There is also this one but not sure if c-7 or what 2 chain saws

Yeah, That's a C-7. No I wouldn't expect you to travel that far for a saw for yourself, much less somebody else. I've got a C-9 stashed somewhere anyway, and a C-7 bowsaw. I've almost got too many!
Dean:cheers:

I'm starting to wish they'd outlaw ether. Although then I'd never get my Perkins diesel started below 50°.

Have you ever tried a lube-penatrate oil like WD40 to fire a deisel?

Years ago we got to the job and my boss was going out to fire the old Hubber road grader and realized he had no starting fluid.

I told him we could still fire the old ether addicted Detroit 6-71 with WD and he laughed and made a bet against it.

He bought lunch that day. :msp_thumbup:

The lube oil allows the motor to turn faster and build more compression sooner to ignite the deisel. If the motor does not fire then at least you know the cylinders are well lubbed when you spray the ether in.

Dont know how many times over the years I have heard that near fatal ether knock when somebody was trying to fire a deisel that did not have a fuel supply.

I have always watched for the blue smoke cloud first before using go juice. My old worn out Cummins 400 needs a shot if its colder than 50 but it only gets a little taste.

Back